GT Edge Aluminium; Titanium and Hetchins Magnum Bonum

Then I acquired a 1994 Edge Titanium from another forum member.
Not period correct but rides well and no worries about replacing obsolete parts!
6238066360_dd2c76ef40.jpg
[/url]
GT Edge Titanium 1994 by gtpulse78, on Flickr[/img]

My most used bike - Thompson Bicycle Company of Huddersfield. Don't know much about this maker other than they mainly made racing tricycles in the 1970s/1980s. Steel, lugged, huge frame, currently set up as fixed gear, I've had this bike set up in various builds - even with time trial bars!
6238086818_3b9ffd75c1.jpg
[/url]
Thompson Bicycle Company Huddersfield by gtpulse78, on Flickr[/img]

More retro than my others
- 1962 Hetchins Magnum Bonum
Was converted to track drop outs in the late 60s,
Been in my family since new, don't know which of them was responsible for the paint job! Currently stripped and awaiting my decision on new paint colour. Have a set of original decals to bring back to her former glory.
Original Chater lea cranks, hubs and head set. Might build up again with modern parts - may seem wrong but I want to be able to ride and not worry about replacements.
6260814302_464beaebbf.jpg
[/url]
Hetchins Magnum Bonum Track by gtpulse78, on Flickr[/img]

Andy Thompson made a lot more than tricycles! Mandy Jones won the womens world championship road race in 1982 riding a Thompson. He went on to be involved with Orbit.

Nice bikes, I like the Hetchins. Please don't 'modernise' it, it deserves to keep it's classic period components.

I'd try and keep it original :D

as for colour, the Hetchins I came across as mainly original in the early to mid 70's were usually sombre dark metallic colours.....black, green, purple and the unusual ones which pushed the boat out were a Bianchi type blue (less greenish than bianchi).

Deep purple or a darkish metallic green with tastefulk chrome always look dignified :)

Shaun

Back