Colnago Master?

diddle

Retro Newbie
Hi All,
I bought this bike recently and after some alterations, this is what it now looks like.
Just wondering if any one would know an aproximate year for the frame and the groupset, and if it is a Colnago Master, ExtraLight or Light?
The Frame has full 4 way crimping on all three main tubes, and the guy I purchased it from advertised it as a Colnago Master Extra Light. It has all the correct cutouts and logo's in the lugs and forks as well as Colnago embossed on the bottom bracket. Ignore the Columbus sticker as I have added that on the basis of information so far received that this is the correct sticker for the frameset.
However I have never seen a Colnago Master or Master Extra Light without some chrome on the lugs or forks, this does not have any chrome, even underneath the paint.
The Groupset is full Campagnolo Record 10 Speed.

Thanks

Attachments

• Colnago.jpg
    Colnago.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 1,298
Does it have a carbon rear triangle - is that the reason for the missing chrome? - for 2-3 years (2008-2010?) they did a version with carbon chain / seat stays - it wasn't popular. Also the rear dropouts are different to most MXL drop outs - Mine have a triangular reinforced piece.

No Carbon, all steel, one person thought it may have been a team issue frame, as some teams requested the frames not to be chromed, as they felt it causes the frame to become more susceptible to cracking.
The rear dropouts are the same as the current steel master extra lights that Colnago are making, but the rear cable stop doesn't match any generation frame that I have seen.
The paint scheme appears to date back to 2001-2002, with the art decor air brushing.

Not aware of any pro teams using Steel masters since mid '90s. Once the C40 survived Paris Roubaix it was pretty much a done deal IIRC.

Has it been resprayed?

Back