1975 Gios Record

kohl57@yahoo.com

Old School Hero
Another in my collection, a c. 1975 Gios Record. This is one of the earlier versions of the famous Gios Brooklyn team bikes and unusual if not unique in having chromed rear triangle ends.

Purchased as a frameset on eBay (Netherlands) in May 2009, this was built up with full 1st generation Campagnolo Super Record resulting in an impressive 19.9 lbs. total weight.

A very light and lively ride!

Full details and more photos here:

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/Pet ... no+Record/

Attachments

• IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,451
Peter,
That is another lovely looking bike.

Pantographed parts really do make classic bikes stand out. I'm clearly not the only one who thinks that, judging from the prices paid (or at least, asked for) for panto parts on E-bay etc.

How do you chose which bike to ride on a given day - do you have a strict rota, or do you see how the mood takes you?

Do keep the pics of your marvellous collection coming.

Regards,
David

Cossington said:
Peter,

How do you chose which bike to ride on a given day - do you have a strict rota, or do you see how the mood takes you?

Good question! And to me the key is that they all get ridden... no "wall hangers" allowed. So it's pretty much a rota system lest I play favourites although a new addition, like my '85 Peugeot PY-10FC gets a bit more use at first. But I'm well outta room so anything else and something has to go... that might be too painful!

Some bikes I just click past on here, but this one really caught my eye. Stunning looking and I'd change nothing.

Wonderful! I'm quite smitten with these at the moment and yours is perfect :)

Beautiful bike.

I've promised myself a Gios Super Record one day and if its half as nice as that one I'll be happy.

Back