1957 New Hudson

oldscholar

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
got this off my uncle who was about to throw it out so I decided to do it up, got it powder coated, cleaned up and replaced some of the parts. You can't see the frame number now because of the powder coat but I seem to remember there was a "57" in the number on the bottom bracket and I read they were made by BSA who sold the brand to Raleigh in 1957 which might explain why the bottom bracket axel is a Raleigh part. Maybe they finished some frames off when they bought the brand? Please correct me if anyone knows better.

Attachments

• DSC00215.JPG
    DSC00215.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 1,646
  • DSC00214.JPG
    DSC00214.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,646
  • DSC00213.JPG
    DSC00213.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 1,647
  • DSC00212.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,646
Now thats an impressive turnaround, what a stunning machine that is, I don't think my current project is going to turn out any where near as good

Very nice indeed.
Did you have the handlebars rechromed or had they been painted?
My Dad rode one of these to work when I was a young lad. It was a British Racing Green one. (there seems to be a trace of BRG on your chainguard in the before pic). He put a tiny saddle on the crossbar and a footrest on the tube and took me for many a mile before I could ride myself. If I was given the chance to have any bike I could it would be my Dads New Hudson. Holds so many memories for me.
I do still have the pump off it though.

Ian.

I'm not a big fan of that kind of bike. I think they look too old-fashioned and after riding one I can't see they'd be useful. However, after seeing how chuffin' good you've made that one look I want one! It looks amazing - so much better than the usual black.
It really is a stunning bike to look at - and as it holds so many memories for you that just makes it even more special.

Great job!!

Back