Panasonic PR-6000 ex-team bike

Yvo

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys!

I just purchased this ex-team Panasonic PR-6000, build with Tange Prestige and equipped with Dura Ace 7400 STI en Ambriosio Balance rims. Found it on Dutch Marktplaats.nl and took it home for 110 euro's. I'm always in for a bargain!

I bought this bike from an ex-neighbour of Theo de Rooij, who drove for Team Panasonic in 1990. The current owner told me he got the bike from Theo the Rooij after he won a game of bridge from him. This particular bike did belong to Michel le Grand (serial number is MG-2-1991, the second bike for Michel le Grand), the son of framebuilder and Panasonic mechanic Jan le Grand.

Michel le Grand was given a chance from manager Peter Post to ride in the Panasonic Team in 1991, but after one year he quit the team. I can't find anything about his further career.

The bike needs attention. The frame is solid, but with paint damage. The chainrings are also a bit worn and should be replaced.

I will post more pictures soon. My camera is broken at the moment. This photo comes from my telephone and is a bit crappy.

Yvo

panasonic.jpg

Well, during cleaning i saw that the paint beneath the Shimano stickers on the top tube had been touched up. After i removed all of this, the name Michel le Grand did appear.

panasonic1.jpg

panasonic2.jpg

Looks like quite a lot of bike for €110!

Very nice indeed, I really like the colour scheme as well

Awesome. Congrats with this great score.

Today I made a ride in good company: fellow forummembers yo-eddy and ededwards. Ed appeared well prepared at the start with John Talen's PR-6000. A very nice performing bike Ed told me and I must say Ed looks very professional on it.

I have an ex team example and a customer example myself.

tbc":28uku6yv said:
I really like the colour scheme as well

+1

You can still order frames from Panasonic in Japan with this same team paint. Great graphical quality.

Thanks for the kind replies!

Awesome. Congrats with this great score.

Today I made a ride in good company: fellow forummembers yo-eddy and ededwards. Ed appeared well prepared at the start with John Talen's PR-6000. A very nice performing bike Ed told me and I must say Ed looks very professional on it.

I have an ex team example and a customer example myself.

I hope you enjoyed bicycle trip! :) Where did the ride go to?

I saw your bikes here on Retrobike. Those are in far better condition then mine i must say. The ad on Marktplaats was badly listed and said "in very good condition". Well, that wasn't exactly right so i managed to get the price even further down.

To get the bike in proper order i must touch up the paint at different places, replace the outer chain ring from the crank, replace the chain and cassette, find a new saddle and replace the bar tape.

Is it difficult to find a new outer chainring for a 7400 crank?

Back