Nostalga trip!

CycleSystemsSean

Retro Newbie
I just bought the exact model bike I used to ride as a teenager! It's not NOS, high end or even in super condition. It is pretty much as ridden by me circa 1988 though!

As You must have 5 posts before you can post URL's/Links I'll have to wait before posting a link just type
bianchi custom road bike 1970s to Ebay and you should see it. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Seller thought it was '70s bike, but it is identical to one I got in 1988 for £100 at Halfords. :D

Nice

Very nice and a good price too :cool:
Swap out the bar tape, quick polish and service and it will be good for another 30 or so years service.
The beauty of well made steel.
More pics please once you have it.
Jamie

Very similar to mine, mines a Rekord 841 lusso, spec virtually identical except I have changed to Campag xenon brakes as its hilly as hell here and the old tiny weinnmans were scaring me.

I keep meaning to take some decent shots of mine now and put them up here.

Will :)

http://twitpic.com/6lat9t Here is a pic on 1st cafe stop. Seatpost was seized in so just chucked in a modern one for now. Everything else in working order after strip and rebuild in the workshop.

Prob put some open pro rims on as the steel rims on now are a step too retro! period r mech, pedals, seat post and a nice Rolls saddle should finish it off nicely.

Back