Which bike should I keep?!

the_toy_machine

Retro Newbie
1sy1Yl.jpg

l7bEal.jpg

Hi,

Today I went to pick up a new bike that was advertised in the local freeads (the Prophete Clipper in the second pic) for £20. When I got there the guy had another old racer (the Rapide in the first pic) and he said he'd do the two for £30 so I was pretty chuffed! Anyways I'm not too knowledgeable on bikes and was left with the dilemma of which one to choose. I have done a bit of research to find out a bit more on the bikes and I think the Rapide is a Raleigh (is this correct? The logo on the front is mostly worn off but there is a bit of red and yellow that fits that of the Raleigh logo). It feels alot lighter and nicer than the Clipper and came with a set of Mavic wheels. Im told the Clipper is a 58 frame and the Rapide a 56.

Basically, which is the better bike, which one should I keep and which should I sell? I'm just going to be using it to ride to Uni and work daily but perhaps some further journeys too.

Thanks!

P.s the seat is originally from the Clipper but just put it on the Rapide to test it out.

**not an expert opinion**

Both look great - classy, understated, stylish

I would do a reasonable distance on both bikes and keep the one that was most comfortable, personally

The best bike is the one you feel most comfortable/fastest/nibble (you choose which is most important to you) riding over the distances you ride.

kermitgreenkona88":2bf7gvvy said:
Personally to me the Rapide looks the better bike, but just my opinion ;)

i'm with kermit on this one... now keep both of them, because you can never have too many.

Back