1987 Raleigh-Triumph 3-speed

DxMachina

Dirt Disciple
Not a bike of great value but I liked the look, so I bought it. Been busy getting rid of bad styling touches like the black vinyl grips, gumwall tyres (didnt match the frame colour AT ALL) and a supposedly comfortable seat that was too soft to ride on, and fitting an appropriately retro light set.

Next step will be a cartridge bottom bracket, cotterless cranks, and a blue BMX chain

6033148866_7a6ba48db5_z.jpg
[/img]

That looks great - the white and blue colour scheme really suits it. There are some rather nice Dia Compe cable clips lurking inside ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dia-Compe-Bra ... _500wt_922 - that could be just the ticket - available in anodized blue if you wanted to tie in with the new chain...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the comment :)

the bike actually has cable clips built into the frame which look pretty permanent so I'm just going to touch up the paint on them....

Latest posts

Back