Gazelle Track bike 1978 probably FOR SALE

spiesbok

Dirt Disciple
Hi
I am a Belgian student and I just bought this bike
the first onwer became 80 years old and drove this bike every sunday, but he rebuilded it, he mounted gears and brakes on it (drilled holes in the fork and in the rear for mounting those brakes)

now I want to rebuild the bike to something more original, completly original will not be possible with my budget

so the frame is a reynolds 531 like the fork
i think it also has a roto bracket but that I need to check again (inside there is a campagnolo axle)
the pads are campagnolo
the paint is not in the best state anymore but i think it still is beautiful

img2004i.jpg

img2007w.jpg

img2010dz.jpg

img2013t.jpg

img2015n.jpg

Yes, that's beautiful. Been looking for one for some time know. That one seems my size. That's too bad about the drilled fork and rear bridge. He probably re-spaced the rear too...

spiesbok":ay6bjxkm said:
What do you mean with respaced the rear?
Re-adjust the rear forks for purpose fitting a (road) wheel with cogs instead of a smaller track wheel eith only one cog.

Hi Spiesbok,

Very nice frame. I think late 70s is accurate for your frame.

It could be the BB is track size also. Not the shell, only BB. The road issue is assymetric, while track isn't if I recall correctly.

thats going to be a sweet ride when built!

shame about the drilling for the brakes, but when the previous owner was in his 80s- it can only be a good idea eh? :cool:

whats the plans for the build?

I want to build him up like it should but since i don't have a big budget it wil be with the parts that i already got
-campa strada crancks
-campa headset
-campa bracket
-campa (black-> rare?) pedals with christophe hooks
-mavic ma40 on pellisier hubs (street hubs but i placed a single cog and a lock ring on it, so it has a fixed gear)
-original stem and handlebar
-rolls saddle
-tubes

for the wheels I also have high flange campa record hubs on mavic gp 4 but i thought i use the ma 40 because those rims have no brakemarks what so ever

spiesbok":27u5a1b9 said:
I want to build him up like it should but since i don't have a big budget it wil be with the parts that i already got
-campa strada crancks
-campa headset
-campa bracket
-campa (black-> rare?) pedals with christophe hooks
-mavic ma40 on pellisier hubs (street hubs but i placed a single cog and a lock ring on it, so it has a fixed gear)
-original stem and handlebar
-rolls saddle
-tubes

for the wheels I also have high flange campa record hubs on mavic gp 4 but i thought i use the ma 40 because those rims have no brakemarks what so ever

It is going to look very good! I can't help but wish my fixed had drillings for a rear brake! It would make it more usable day to day. The spindly pipe cleaners that pass for my legs these days mean that with only a front brake my bike has the sort of stopping distance usually associated with oil tankers.

I'm going to keep watching your build as I like what I'm seeing.

just waxed it and installed the campagnolo headset
the colour is not beige or white but pearl beige/white
it is really cool but that also means that i probably can't mask the rubspots with new paint
img2033j.jpg

img2030pd.jpg
`
img2032ew.jpg

img2034l.jpg

also took a pic of the pedals
img2038bu.jpg

img2039h.jpg

and some pic's of the rear wheel
img2045cr.jpg

img2047c.jpg

img2048oh.jpg

and some of the left strada cranck (when i bought it, it had 2different cranckarms)
img2042j.jpg

img2043jb.jpg

Back