Chris Chance Custom Road

Spikes

Retro Guru
Chris Chance road bike from 1997 with Campy Athena gruppo, Mavic Reflex rims, Veloflex Corsa open tubulars, 3T Pro Chrome stem, 3T Forma handlebars, Fizik tape and Flite in matching colors. Quite a unique bike. My brother will be riding this. I got this of Craigslist in fair condition and made a full overhaul. I had doubts about colored tires like blue, but I think black tires make that the attention goes completely too the frame. This paint job is called "Matt's paint job".

Attachments

• L1100630.jpg
    L1100630.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 3,062
  • L1100632.jpg
    L1100632.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,062
  • L1100634.jpg
    L1100634.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,062
  • L1100637.jpg
    L1100637.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3,062
Asolutely awesome. Personaly I would go for a less colourfull seat and probably source skinwall tyres with less text somewhere.

Awesome is the word and agree with Mel about a 'quieter' saddle (similar to the argument for the tyres I guess, less to distract from the frame which is the clear star).

No..no.. not quieter. I suggest to do the bars with two (or even more) different colours. For sure. Nice bike. :D
Is it right that even the spoke nipples are different colours?

ededwards":2xwvuj3b said:
Awesome is the word and agree with Mel about a 'quieter' saddle (similar to the argument for the tyres I guess, less to distract from the frame which is the clear star).
No, the saddle should have some green and purple and maybe some white. Just to pick up the subtle shades of the rest of the bike.

I like it. It makes me smile. :)

Back