1986 Dan Shotton frame

Sheldon13

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, this is my original racing frame from my junior days. I had it hand made by a very talented frame maker in Bristol. Its made from Reynolds 531 Competition tubing with a Cinelli fork crown and Campagnolo dropouts.

I havent used it for many years and have considered having it resprayed but im not sure.

Attachments

• Dan Shotton small 1.jpg
    Dan Shotton small 1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,450
  • Dan Shotton small 2.jpg
    Dan Shotton small 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,446
  • Dan Shotton small 3.jpg
    Dan Shotton small 3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,449
  • Dan Shotton small 4.jpg
    Dan Shotton small 4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,453
531 Pro, very nice. Underrated tubeset, nearly as light (not as potentially fragile) as 753.

Not sure about your fork blades though!!!

Have an SBDU in this tubeset.

Nice colour too.

Great.

Roadking.

Get it refurbished! Lovely looking frame.

Plenty of choice for who to do it around the Manchester area.

I've just bought this bike, it has a Argos paint job but I don't think it's an Argos. It has DS at the top of the seat stays and the frame number is;

DAN 86 4 82

Campag seat post, chainset, changers, pedals, headset but Shimano Cantis and Normandy L/F hub front, haven't checked the rear the gears don't work, cables look tired....

Argosforsale.jpg

Somone suggested it could be a Dan Shotton, a Clifton, Bristol builder, bought local, I'm in Bristol. Thouhgts...

Will do. This is the pic off Flea Bay I brought it home in the dark, it'll probably be dark when I get home then I'm away for a week, but pics will come..

You ought to start a new thread as you've hijacked Sheldon13s.

New thread when you've got the pics, we'll see what we can do.

Rk.

Argos just confirmed they're pretty sure it's a Dan Shotton frame, he trained there............

Not in the same league as Sheldon13s though. As mentioned, better pics will help.

See the thread on the other DS.

Rk.

to the OP, why respray?
It looks great as it is - and completely original and unique to you.
I know from experience that resprays can go "wrong" - unless
it is really in a bad way (doesn't look like yours is) then my vote is to leave it be. :cool:

Back