mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi All, this is my latest rebuild everything else is now on hold,
I was chatting to an old friend about road bikes when he said he still had one in his loft that I could have ,expecting an old shed he pulled this out , it seams to be made for the belgian bike shop Plum-Vainqueur by the frame builder ciocc or torpado ,I think its very similar to the ciocc frames but who knows? it seams a very well built frame and fork and I belive it was originaly chrome and clear red, if so it should be columbus aelle or slx steel , sadly the italian style paint job has seen better days so its for a repsray. I hope to have this rebuilt very soon so I can get my waist size down a notch ,the only problems I can find are the german plastic bb is trying to stay put and the rear brake cable stops on the top tube have been removed so I will be bazing some more back in there place,
IMAG0864.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0891.jpg

IMAG0893.jpg

IMAG0890.jpg

IMAG0895.jpg

IMAG0897.jpg

IMAG0896.jpg

Frame:1982 belgian paganini by ciocc/torpado
colombus slx

Fork:as above

Headset:campagnolo super record
Stem: cinelli
Handlebar:cinelli 64 40
Bar Tape: specialized cork

Brake Levers/Brifters:campagnolo super record
Brake Calipers:campagnolo super record
Brake Pads:campagnolo
Brake Cables:shimano? rear campagnolo

Shifters:mavic
Front Derailleur:campagnolo super record
Rear Derailleur:campagnolo super record
Derailleur Cables:?
Cassette:sachs
Chain:regina
Cranks:campagnolo super record
Chainrings:campagnolo super record 42/53
Bottom Bracket:record
Pedals:gipiemme

Rims: fiamme
Hubs: record
Hub Skewers: campagnolo record
Nipples:brass
Spokes:?
Tyres:gomitalia champion tubs
Tubes:n/a

Saddle:turbo
Seatpost:itm
Seatpost Binder:gipieme

Bottle Cage:elite
Extras:cages and straps:christophe

Weight:tbc

nice looking frame and some nice parts. Deserves a proper resto imho.

Please take the SPDs off the record cranks.

Cheers john ,the pedals are for the karma box .
the forks need to be re-chromed but the rear stays should be ok with a bit of tlc, I do have the complete campag groupset for this so its just a matter of choosing a colour that suits .I have seen one in a light blue colour if I cant re-do the original colour , it seems the motor trade dont have clear reds and the painter at work is experimenting with clear laquers with red:? ,the other issue is decals theres some on ebay australia but there not the same as the originals,
I will post that pic of the original flavour when I find it again, cheers ,
Lee.

Hi again Lee :) Just as beautiful as I expected. You've got a few differences from mine, namely the engraved headbadge (which I'm jealous of), rear brake stay, but by and large its the same.

Had to smile at the "german plastic BB" Ditto :) Sadly mine incurred mild spanner rash in the battle, but nothing I can't live with as the victor :)

Pity I can't upload pics yet (or can I ?) Would certainly help for you to see an original :) I shall keep my eyes open for your updates. Good Luck buddy, yours Laz.

PS just pm me if you want pics, yours Laz

Here you are Lee (got the image upload sussed), Hope this helps :) yours Laz

PS: got plenty more if you want them, also of different models/ages/colours (on here - another thread - post privately to email ?)

Attachments

• Paganini.jpg
    Paganini.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8,166
Thanks Lee, glad you liked it buddy :) I've only seen the 1 of these red variations of Sioux .... mine. No doubt there are others out there somewhere, but after 18months of intense searching, no sign yet.

Just thought this might give you an idea of what yours might have looked like "new" :) I have an image from a frame I nearly bought off Ebay, but opted not too (or the wife did anyways) that I suspect is the correct period for your frame. My suspicions are that mine is the early model, but yours my friend is for my liking the better made model :)

Let me know if you want that pic ? Take care buddy & good luck with the resto/makeover, yours Anthony.

Hi Anthony I have seen two in the same style as mine im unsure of the model but one was red and one was blue they both had the same decals as yours but yours has more colours these were plain, untill I can locate your style of decal im just doing a random paint job (see below) cheers for the info Anthony its a great help.
I have located (in the netherlands) some black paganini decals wrapped in italian colours so they will do for now, I have also found a nos campag ital bb
and some gipiemme pedals with chrome christope clips and leather straps and a pair of mavic mach 2 cd 2 on campag hubs too, im just waiting for the chromers too return my forks and I can start the rebuild, cant wait,
IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0979.jpg

IMAG0980.jpg

IMAG0982.jpg

IMAG0983.jpg

IMAG0984.jpg

That looks nice in light blue. My first decent bike was more or less that shade but didn't have chrome which I think sets yours off a treat. Am I right in thinking the rear brake cable is internal? The rear mech obviously is so it would make sense if the brake cable was as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Mark.

daccordimark":17j4c4es said:
That looks nice in light blue. My first decent bike was more or less that shade but didn't have chrome which I think sets yours off a treat. Am I right in thinking the rear brake cable is internal? The rear mech obviously is so it would make sense if the brake cable was as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Mark.
Hi Mark yes it was but for some reason in its past the cable stops and the race number eyelet were removed ,I will look at having some re-brazed back on over the winter but for now it will have clamps.
Lee.

Latest posts

Back