My old bikes... Ernie Clements.

thanetspeedshop

Retro Newbie
I've got a few old bikes so I thought I'd put some pictures on here.
Firstly my Ernie Clements; lovely light frame, 27" wheels with crows foot lacing and 70" fixed gear.

003-2.jpg

011.jpg

As you can see I can't be arsed with proper restoration and I don't like polishing...

Welcome to the forum. Interesting spoking, I'm sure I once heard that design called 'Spanish' for some reason.

Useful bike stand.................. ;)

Thanks. I don't really know much about this frame. Obviously it had the decals on it when I acquired it, but I've no idea of its age or history. Anyone?

I assume it's an Ernie Clements design and not a badged-up Falcon - it's got pretty lugs, pencil-thin seat stays and seems super-light. Rides nice too.

The top tube has a bit of a kink in it which is only noticeable when you look at it; so I don't look. The seat tube is a bit ovalled as well, but it's currently got a bit of Stella can shim in it...

I'll try to put up some more of my bikes next week.

its a clements for sure and i suspect its a mid 50's build, i assume the rear mech hanger has been cut off? as i can see there a guides for the rear mech cable. and is there any sign there was a second set of pump mounts on the down tube?.. love a good mystery me :D.. any frame numbers??

Hi Zotty, thanks for your interest.

Can't see any sign of extra pump mounts, there's a braze on front shifter mount and cable runner and stop, but doesn't look like there was ever a hanger mount.

There seems to be a number stamped on the bottom of the BB shell ?0105, but it's not at all clear. Where would the frame number usually be?

hi bud.. sorry for the delay :)

my frame number is in the same place as yours (84389 is mine).. maybe its worth giving Ernies son Edward a call?? he now runs the show in ledbury..

Back