Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra bargain

Yvo

Dirt Disciple
Hi!

I always wanted to own a Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, but normally i don't spend a lot of money on bikes. Today i saw a local classified which said:
"Eddy Merckx Roadbike, 35 euro". The added photo said me it was a '92/'93 Corsa Extra, so after a call and a 5km drive i picked up this Corsa Extra (Columbus SLX), fully equipped with Suntour Superbe Pro (except Shimano 600 headset and Mavic Open Pro rims) for the sum of 30 euro's (about 27GBP).

The bike needs some attention (it has some paint damage, especially on the place were the Corsa Extra sticker has been, and the brakeleverhoods are totaly gone) , but i've seen much worser bikes.

I'm happy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

What a score. The chain and chainrings are wasted too but that's still a great find. Let me know if you find one in 54 ct. Ahahahahah! :cool:

Yeah, that chainring had better times, although the drivetrain shifts and runs remarkably well. Unfortunately we don't have many ninja's here in Holland :D

Great score, almost as impressed that you bargained the seller down from 35 to 30 euros!

Fantastic score! I had the same Corsa Extra in that Team Weinmann livery, but with Campy Athena. Great riding bike, and certainly worth the money :)

Ha ha! You jammy toe rag! Bet it was lady selling off her cheating lovers beloved em. Not that its ever happened to me. Or may be it was an anti Belgian! Either way well found. Love being a winner.

I don't think you overspent on that. Also because of the Superbe!

Excellent purchase, a real bargain. Well worth spending time and a bit more cash on. It'll come up great.

Back