Martin Pyne's Mini Bike

Nob

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
This is how I got the machine when I bought it off the Legend himself which was a humbling experience & although the pics made it look good it needed allot of TLC & work to bring ot back to life as alot of rust & general wear had taken place.
Pyne5.jpg

Below me with the finished article back in 2007
TTBike012.jpg

The bars I had manufactured as Martin snapped the originals which were built by Mick Burrows at the time.
The special project bike & here is the main aero arms of the bars machined & drilled where the cable is routed
zx.jpg

Next phase was welding the two wings together at an angle of 27 degs based on my own calcualtions for my height & my other road bike

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Here is the same wing now buffed up & angled hole ready to accept the stem
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

The stem part now placed ready to weld

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

Another picture of the stem
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-2.jpg

The brake levers were originally anodised black alloy profile II aero levers but I had them shotblasted & buffed to match the bars. The bars were cut back 3 inches after I got them to fit my set up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxx.jpg

The finished product with the handle bar sections welded on & buffed.

Heat Treatment was an option but the bars were plenty stiff so were only MPI'ed & Dye Penned was carried out to ensure no cracks or porousisty was present.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-3.jpg

[/img]

Here is the great Martin Pyne on the very machine I renovated photo taken during the UK National 50 mile ITT in 1987.
y6.jpg

Martin Pyne on the Mark 1 version of this bike & later replaced the frame for the one I have now. Not too sure what happened to the orignal black frame.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxx.jpg

I had a new seatpin machined to match the orginal that belongs to the Legend Bike

zzzxxx3.jpg

zzzxxx2.jpg

Back