Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:53 pm 

skinnyboy wrote:
Nice project!

Im looking for a step through for my Mrs as my next project, possibly a vintage Malvern Star. My vision is something akin to this little beauty

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking to do, with the addition of a front basket but no rear rack.
Very nice indeed. Any more info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 am 
Retro Guru

Lollypop wrote:
skinnyboy wrote:
Nice project!

Im looking for a step through for my Mrs as my next project, possibly a vintage Malvern Star. My vision is something akin to this little beauty

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking to do, with the addition of a front basket but no rear rack.
Very nice indeed. Any more info?

hey LP, i spotted this on eBay from a seller here in Melbourne, I think he was knocking them out at about 600 dollars a pop.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/thinksideways?_trksid=p4340.l2563

nice bikes!

ps where in Stafford ya from, I used to live in Little Haywood near Patrick Litchfields gaff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 pm 

Quote:

ps where in Stafford ya from, I used to live in Little Haywood near Patrick Litchfields gaff!

I live in Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire.
Shugborough has just been opened to the public for the 1st time, will have to see how he kept the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

Interesting. A ladies bike project :)

Overhere in NL (utilitarian) lady bikes are very common and I think more common on than everywere else, apart from DK maybe. What you are going to do sounds like a very stylish approach. Is the more attention for commuting with bike, for example supported by B. Johnston and policy, the trigger for many of those projects in UK?

Will the tweed bike be the new fixie in UK?

While ago I got hands on a Presto ladies bike: click & scroll down if you wish to see

There are also white fenders. The 1st owner rode it on a roundtrip from Amsterdam to Paris and back, together with her father. Original specs was a mix of French and Italian parts.

Post subject: Yeoman
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:45 pm 

Hi I wondered if you have finished your project? I have a Yeoman bike too but not sure if it is the same Yeoman as yours. I have only had it a couple of weeks and I cant find any info about it. So I wondered if you might be able to help me please.

Thank you :?:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 am 

Hi,

I've come across this post trying to find some more information on the bike I've recently purchased off eBay as well. It's also a YEOMAN of LONDON, exactly as the one shown above but in burgundy.

It's absolutely lovely! I've cleaning it up and got most of the rust off. What's left is the tyres. I've been having an incredibly difficult time trying to unlock the brake and so on! I even cut my finger :cry:

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any tips or experience on how to get those tyres off in this particular bike make!!! Maybe they are just rusty in that area to remove.

Please someone HELP!

Much appreciated!!! Thanks