Guerciotti Record (training bike)

adufresne

Retro Newbie
About a year ago I picked up a new retro Guerciotti Record frame with the intention to build it up with new (second hand) components to turn it into my training bike for rainy days. This project got a bit out of hand, because my perfectionist mind made the bike so stunning that now I am actually a bit reluctant to use it in bad weather conditions. Talking about surpassing your goals :?

Anyway, here a picture I would like to share since I am proud of the result:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7686/augustus2009089.jpg[/url]

That does look fantastic - really classy. Your white seat and bar tape set off the frame so well.

Black is a marvellous colour when it is clean and gleaming, but shows the dirt quite a lot. I have a similar dilemma - I had an old Merckx which I liked, so I got it resprayed at Mercian. When I got it back and built it up, it looked so good, I couldn't bring myself to ride it outside (and still can't). I fully sympathise with you. I'm sure someone will come along with a dollop of common sense words and tell us they were made to be ridden...

Maybe you should get your favourite photo enlarged and put in a frame on your wall to keep the pristine view forever, then ride the hell out of it. (Obviously, given what I've admitted to, above, 'do as I say, not as I do').

David.

Very nice, now go ride it! Foul weather or not..

Just make sure you keep it well maintained & clean, it'll be fine.

:)

Thanks guys. When I am recovered from surgery, I will take her out. What the heck, maybe even on a rainy day ....

Thats Pretty

That is a lovely ride...you have to put the miles down simple as that!!

Now that is very pretty but I have to say that this one trumps you...

Sadly I do not own this beauty

Attachments

• photo_03.jpg
    photo_03.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 3,968
  • photo_06.jpg
    photo_06.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,968
  • photo_19.jpg
    photo_19.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,968
  • photo_64.jpg