1989 Raleigh 531c Luxe

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
This is my 1st attempt at a roadie so please be gentle :oops: :LOL:

This is a 1989 531 cLuxe which was offered to me in the summer in the form of NOS frame and forks still with wrapping :shock: It also came with 105 brake calipers and 600 6sp shifters all NOS also.

When I was offered the F&F's I naturally searched for info on this model but could not find anything. Luckily the Guv'nor came up trumps with a picture of the actual model in the 1989 Raleigh lightweight catalogue. The 531 cLuxe was a special order frame and forks only.

Since June I have collected several parts for the build which consist of a mix of 600 and 105. I have changed to 7 speed as 6 speed is so hard to find now. Its taken me a while to get all the parts yet only a couple of hours to complete.

Special thanks to wblenkin for the seatpost and Ed Edwards for the front mech that both arrived this am :cool:

I will get some pedals and some nice outside pics at the weekend all going well and will put a full spec listing also.

046.jpg

Catalogue.jpg

058.jpg

053.jpg

Cluxe014.jpg

Cluxe016.jpg

Cluxe012.jpg

Cluxe010.jpg

Cluxe011.jpg

Cluxe004.jpg

Cluxe007.jpg

Cluxe008.jpg

Cluxe002.jpg

Cluxe006.jpg

That is great something to be very proud of. If it had been Italian there would have been reams of "well dones"

The 531c rides so well you'll wonder how other tube makers competed.

Thanks for your kind comments chaps :)

I am very pleased with the end result.

otherself":3h7jb0eo said:
Bravo :p A good choice of components. Is that a 3ttt Quid stem?

Its a 3TTT Quid stem indeed :D

Nice raleigh

Chap that is a seriously nice ride. Enjoy enjoy. Classy. Only thing I would do is change the bars.

Back