gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
Got a funny feeling this is going to scale up into an argument about dos and donts, So thread deleted. :roll:

Keeping the saddle for the time being. Its damn comfy , I did fit a black vuelta jobby to it and it looked poo.

Also like my grips atm...again realy comfy.

As i said, I built it for me, To enjoy as a one off. I dont do ss normally...

Im aware the grips dont realy go with anything.... I started with a idea of black, silver and purple in my head. And to the most part its right... The grips were fitted as it was all done on a budget using bmx parts and existing other bits... And as they were NOS in my bmx parts bin... I thought why not.... I might see if they can be dyed though at a later date...

Dude, you're going to learn to hate those pedals on a fixie if you don't have toeclips on them!

Definitely got the London look there, but I agree it needs black grips and a finger brake to finish.

Its not a fixie... Singlespeed with a coaster brake :LOL:
I might add toeclips... I like them anyway but its not something ive got around to, I havnt put too many miles on it yet.

Front brake is a no no, I want it too look nice n simple and its pretty much turned out as i wanted.. And with the Bontrager on the back it stops easily enough anyway...

Grips..., We'll see. Ones gotta come off anyway as the end cap nut has fallen off inside the bar. And wont come out without removing the grip. So i might try some onza ules on it... Although i like how stubby the bars look with these grips..

If it's a freewheel (even with a coaster brake) and not fixed wheel then 2 brakes are a legal requirement. And if it is fixed I think that if you only have one brake it must be on the front as the fixed wheel is considered to be the back brake.

A mate of mine was stopped by the police once on his time trial bike in the 80's. The coppers thought he had no brakes at all. His rear brake was under the bottom bracket and the front was behind the fork crown. Exit two rather embarassed plods. They'd have loved working in London these days!

meh.. Not realy worried about the plod... Ive ridden stuff with no brakes , One brake... A pair of calipers but no pads over the years... Never had a problem.

If they were going to stop anyone they would be stopping the hundreds of kids around here on newskool bmx's where the latest craze is brakeless. :cool:

And the idea was to keep it all very simple. It was intentionally meant to be a singlespeed. But it cant be run as a 10speed and still look clean. Chucking a brake, Cable and lever on the front throws the whole point off and i may as well just not ride it ;)

retrowagen1234":3ts63msa said:
Got a funny feeling this is going to scale up into an argument about dos and donts, So thread deleted. :roll:

Very strange attitude, what you worried about? Honest opinion or genuine discussion? If you don't like the idea then public Internet forums are probably not for you.

For anyone interested, this was the bike:

weird-bike-34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back