Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:17 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 57
Thought I would say Hi and introduce my small but growing collection!!

I have been regulalrly cycling for nearly twenty years now though mainly mountain biking.

My Paperround as a lad helped to fund some quite nice bicycles in my youth.

However in 2003 I got lucky earned some money, got fat and bought this....
Image
It was the most expensive bike I have ever purchased coming in at nearly a grand with a few mods I had done in the shop,

The Maguras came of my previous Kona A bike which my friend still owns and I regret selling!

I dunno why but I have never got on with this bike and really stopped riding all together and got even fatter!!
Until two years ago I was forced into riding 250 miles a week for work.

I peddled and peddled, still hating it always feels draggy and slow... I lost loads of weight though!!!
I live in quite a funky area of Birmingham and kept seeing these old road bikes with no gears or brakes!!
I later learned they were called fixies!! But I had built my own by then!

Image

I know no foot retention.... But I had no idea at the time i just built it from an old frame from my mates shed!!

She was sadly to big for me.... but the seed had been sown skinny tyres it was for me what a delight though I soon grew tired of riding fixed.. Its really not for me, I like going down hill fast!! But single speed was somthing a came to rather appreciate!!

Said friend was also now eager to get a road bike so of we went to the shop in search of a nice old frame set.

Lurking in the corner was this...... :roll:

Image

To small for my friend!! But perfect for me, Black Falcon was sold back to friend! Now being rebuilt as a geared bike! At some expense!!! And I put the money toward buying this!

Its an OLMO I Had never heard of them but it was light and in my size, It also had some lovely Mavic GP4s on with Tubs fitted.

Its a strange bike as it is single speed but im certain it did not leave the factory that way though most of the brazzeons if it ever had them seem to have been removed?? and the brake mountings are of the later allen key fitting type.

It had been porly resprayed and the paint is coming of in chunks so she is being stripped as we speak for a good powdder coating! and to get all that lovely alloy pollished up!
Image

Image

To keep me going over the winter as i commute by cycle and train I bought this eightes Peugeot all I have done is squirt oil at the chain and she has not let me down!
Image

I rescued this Kalkhoff Another brand I had not heard off for my girlfriends use!
She loves Green!
Image

And just to keep me going!! I love riding my Olmo so much and plan to throw some money at it i decided I needed another retro bike to get to the pub on but something a little more low key!!
I bought this old Dawes frame from Evil bay for 16 squid any help recognising this bike would be a great help though im not looking to restore think moustache bars and whitewalls!!
Image
Image
Image
Any info on either the Olmo or the Dawes gratefully recieved!
Cheers.
Stu.


Last edited by dubmaster77 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:44 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Belfast
that olmo has loads of potential.

love the peugeot too :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 57
Cheers playford!
Its so much fun to ride, Feels almost alive!?! Just can decide what colour to have her painted and wether or not to have her powder coated or re-enamled? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:04 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm
Posts: 1481
I'm liking your plans for the Dawes. You can't buy patina like that and sometimes it's a shame to scrub it all off :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 57
Add this into the collection!!!
Rescued from the scrapman!!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 pm
Posts: 165
love that Olmo,dont powder it it deserves better.
Pearl white with a 2nd colour fade or candy red always looked good on Olmos
wheres funky in Birmingham ? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 57
AndyPA wrote:
love that Olmo,dont powder it it deserves better.
Pearl white with a 2nd colour fade or candy red always looked good on Olmos
wheres funky in Birmingham ? :)


Ha ha! I live in Moseley... Which has got a funky Vibe!
The olmo Is stripped and is going to Mercian cycles on Friday for a proper paint job, I too thought powder coating would be insufficient! Just cant make my mind up on a colur... I want a solid mettalic, Im thinking Tabbaco brown? Or deep plum pearl, Gonna wait till I see there coulur swathes in the flesh as it were first though!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:30 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 pm
Posts: 165
dubmaster77 wrote:
AndyPA wrote:
love that Olmo,dont powder it it deserves better.
Pearl white with a 2nd colour fade or candy red always looked good on Olmos
wheres funky in Birmingham ? :)


Ha ha! I live in Moseley... Which has got a funky Vibe!
The olmo Is stripped and is going to Mercian cycles on Friday for a proper paint job, I too thought powder coating would be insufficient! Just cant make my mind up on a colur... I want a solid mettalic, Im thinking Tabbaco brown? Or deep plum pearl, Gonna wait till I see there coulur swathes in the flesh as it were first though!

i know moseley well often drink there ,im near cotteridge/bournville border
I would go deep plum and highlight the lugs cut outs white or yellow it will look beautiful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 57
AndyPA wrote:
dubmaster77 wrote:
AndyPA wrote:
love that Olmo,dont powder it it deserves better.
Pearl white with a 2nd colour fade or candy red always looked good on Olmos
wheres funky in Birmingham ? :)


Ha ha! I live in Moseley... Which has got a funky Vibe!
The olmo Is stripped and is going to Mercian cycles on Friday for a proper paint job, I too thought powder coating would be insufficient! Just cant make my mind up on a colur... I want a solid mettalic, Im thinking Tabbaco brown? Or deep plum pearl, Gonna wait till I see there coulur swathes in the flesh as it were first though!

i know moseley well often drink there ,im near cotteridge/bournville border
I would go deep plum and highlight the lugs cut outs white or yellow it will look beautiful

Yeah Im definately having the lugs lined, Now I have loads of alloy parts to polish!!
Is that your 911 in the pics? I had a 964 some years ago for a brief spell hankering after another should petrol ever become affordable once again!
Will update tomorrow once I have picked a colour!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 pm
Posts: 165
dubmaster77 wrote:
Yeah Im definately having the lugs lined, Now I have loads of alloy parts to polish!!
Is that your 911 in the pics? I had a 964 some years ago for a brief spell hankering after another should petrol ever become affordable once again!
Will update tomorrow once I have picked a colour!!
yep mine i rebuilt it last year,964s are very cheap at the moment unfortunately petrol never will be again


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maynardlawrence and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group