Neo-retro Bianchi

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked up a rather strange frame and forks a while back. Two reasons, 1) it was cheap, about £150 for a frame and a full carbon fork, 2) the frame was covered in thick paint with a random shops decals on it but underneath was titanium, I could tell by the polished ti dropouts.

it also had a good look to it, bulged and profiled ti stays don't come cheap, so this had to be something of worth. I sent photos to a few builders and heard back from Bianchi saying it was one of their Repato Corsa built frames. So I decided that I would build an homage to one of my favourite bikes on the web:

9e966c9a_Bianchi003.jpg

And here's mine. Please bear in mind that it is neither old or retro, just a modern interpretation, I just didn't want to stick it in 1997+ as it's no mtb.

1frn62.jpg

1frn65.jpg

1frn63.jpg

1frn6f.jpg

The odd forks are steel, made of 853 chainstays, contact points are Nitto, gears are Record (except the front mech that is an old mavic remachined for 10 speed), wheels are DT on Hope with Speccy turbo S, brakes are pauls medium racers, cranks are graftons (I think, or Toplines) and rings are Chris Bell.

Bugger, just realised this is in the wrong section, should be in readers rides :oops:

Nice idea. I love the green paint on the old Bianchi.

Interesting story about your frame. It was a risk worth taking. I'm guessing it's not a Ti-Megatube ?

Back