Raleigh Record Sprint 1985.

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well it’s my first retro bike and my first road bike since I was about 12 year old.

This has been laid up under the in-laws house for the last 20+ years, after the owner my now father in-law came off it after a near miss with a lorry, so it dos have a few bumps and scrapes but other than that is was in very good condition before I started to get it back up and rolling. Its had new cables, tyres, seat, seat-post, a second hand rear rim to replace the very wobbly original, new bearing all round and a dam good clean and polish. I now it not the most exotic of 80`s classics but I like it and I have really enjoyed getting this bike back on the road. I just need the weather to clear up so I can take it out for a spin.

Thanks to all that helped with parts and information on the bike.

Bring on the sunny even rides.

Cheers Brian.

Love Record Sprints more each time I see one - and yours looks particularly nice. Well done on getting one that isn't a 25 inch frame as well - all of the ones I've turned up on ebay are maaaaaaaaaaaaahooosive. :D

great to think that not all parents were hook winked by Raleigh dealers into a 5 bar gate.
Good to see a clean example.

Thanks for all the possitive comments.

I know i should have looked but any idea where the frame number should be? i have the number from the forks, not sure if thats of any use.

The number on the frame is NP601619, I can`t see a letter before the N so I guess its a Nottingham built frame in 1986 then?

Back