Lotus Sport 110

urban cycles

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
My Lotus Sport 110 from 1995. Fast as h*ll!

Lotus Sport 110 frame and fork.
Dura Ace 7402 crankset.
Dura Ace bar end shifters.
Tektro carbon brake levers.
Ultegra 6500 front and rear gear.
Ultegra 6500 brakes.
LOOK Ergostem.
Syntace Stratos handlebars.
Syntace C2 aerobars.
Mavic Cosmic Carbone tubular front wheel.
Mavic Comete +/- tubular rear disc wheel.
Regina America 7-speed freewheel.
Selle Italia SLR C64 saddle.

4799697236_12d5d47ddc_b.jpg

Stunning!!
Looks gorgeous!

I've got a limited edition print of Boardman, sign by him and the artist somewhere - will have to find it one day.

Fantastic!

It looks like a rocket ship just waiting to take off. I wish I'd had one of those BITD. Shame they hadn't invented them way back then :oops: .

It says something for the design when it hardly looks retro at all. And no that's not intended as a criticism of the original post.

Mark.

I got VERY excited when I saw the thread title, hoping for a bike like this. It's stunning.

Lets talk nitty gritty. Did it cost you a lot? :D How fast does it go mister? :D Can I have a go? :D

Thanks all!

I really like the story behind these bikes aswell. I live in Sweden and the Lotus was quite popular here among the pro's. This frame was used twice by the Swedish pro-cyclist Michael Andersson (2nd place in TT World Champs in 1999, after Ulrich and before Boardman, the man).

I got the frame and fork at really good price, but it was still lots of money. ;)

It rides really fast. Above 35 km/h it goes like a rocket. Doesn't want to stop!

I've made some non-scientific investigations by riding the Lotus at the same route, same conditions and at the same effort as I've ridden my top-modern carbon road bike (wich weighs about 3,5 kg less than the Lotus) at an average speed of +4 km/h. The aerodynamic shape of the frame/fork, the wheels and the seating position makes a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back