raleigh road ace select 600

Very nice, I had the earlier Road Ace which had the 600 SIS setup on it. Well, technically its still mine however I sold it, got given it back many years later, refurbed it and then gave it to my sister.

Frame is nice as are the parts - presume the pedals ended up the way of most ultegra pedals - i.e. the toeclips fell to bits and then they were swapped as it was hard to replace them.

Nice bike. I was going to say cool, however, I edited that bit. ;)

Am sure its got a lot of years left in it - works well?

mostly original components apart from the freewheel has been swopped for a lower ratio at some point. i took the photos when i bought it over 12 months ago . since then i have replaced the pedals with shimano
aero type with clips and nylon straps but they are not 600 . maybe e bay
search in order . rides light and smooth . has been well maintaned .

price

I've got an almost identical Road Ace which I've restored. all original parts and brand new chain

Any idea how much this bike would be worth?

Very nice bike. Lovely condition. Not too many about from what i've seen, and yours is a great example.

I've got one of these and it looks a bit different as it had a repair done on it, but they really are great to ride.

Ally":1juo26qj said:
Very nice bike. Lovely condition. Not too many about from what i've seen, and yours is a great example.

I've got one of these and it looks a bit different as it had a repair done on it, but they really are great to ride.
I was working in a Raleigh shop as a mecahnic when this bike came out and was one of the first bikes i drooled over.

Back