New not-really-retro Roadie project..Merlin content

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm going to have another go this roadie malarky..the Spanky was too big (still for sale chaps ;) ) so hopefully I will feel more at home on this compact geometry 54cm frame.
Erm...I might build this singlespeed...don't hate me :D

Clicky for little show

:) very very nice carl.. loving the merlins :) :cool: :cool:

But honestly singlespeed :roll: :shock: .. dont do it fella :LOL: :LOL:

Sithlord":38t9fgxq said:
:) very very nice carl.. loving the merlins :) :cool: :cool:

But honestly singlespeed :roll: :shock: .. dont do it fella :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: I know...I'm going to be in for quite a few raised eye-brows :LOL:
Just bought an Eno eccentric hubbed rear wheel....I'm commited now.
Can always change it around ;)

Do. Not. Do. This.

That is all ...

Harryburgundy":16cln9dj said:
I'm going to have another go this roadie malarky..the Spanky was too big (still for sale chaps ;) ) so hopefully I will feel more at home on this compact geometry 54cm frame.
Erm...I might build this singlespeed...don't hate me :D

Clicky for little show

Gorgeous frame. I think brand spanking new modern groupset would look the business. Otherwise period correct Dura-Ace or Campag or anything as long as its got gears!

You could buy an SS for the price of that ENO wheel. And don't ENO's mash up the dropouts a bit??

I know Cardiff is absolutely flat but there are some hills in Penarth! You need gears!

Seriously though, a friend of mine has Moots road and CX bikes built up with SRAM Red, carbon forks, semi-traditional wheels, 'normal' bars and saddle. They both look absolutely beautiful, definite 'future retro classics'. I'll try to get pics of them side-by-side. I think that the old silver SRAM Rival group would be good on a frame like this though I'm not as keen on the black suff. Having said that there's enough shiny Ti there to carry a black gruppo.

The point being, a frame and fork like this is so sleek and STI units and road mechs are pretty unobtrusive by now. So unlike many mtbs, you don't really clean up the apprearance of a road bike by converting to singlespeed. What you loose though is the ability to go out on truly spectacular and exhilirating long, winding, rolling rides and actually enjoy them rather than spilling your guts up on every climb and wishing you were home! You've got the Beacons just up the way, and the Valleys are great too as long as the bike doesn't get nicked!

And be warned - if you so much as think about using a word like 'fixed' or 'fixie' in the same sentence as this frame, then I'll head straight to the shop and liberate it before any harm can be done. Using as much force as necessary. Don't say you weren't warned.

Harryburgundy":25utos00 said:
garethrl":25utos00 said:
Do. Not. Do. This.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back