Introducing my Carlton Continental

curzons246

Retro Guru
Frame and fork set - Carlton Continental 25 1/2 frame Truwell tubing ? (Wrap around seat stays and TI sticker on Seat down tube)
Mauve polychromatic with chrome on fork lowers. Paint and decals original but with rust pitting. 73 stamped on head tube.
Headset - no marks
Stem - GB with 10cm reach.
Handlebars drop alloy with Carlton ‘C’ logo bar end caps
Bar tape - black suede
Brake levers Mafac drilled with Mafac hoods
Callipers - Mafac 2000 centre pull.
Cables no marks
Shifters Shimano 600
Front mech Shimano 600
Rear mech Shimano 600
Cassette - 5 speed
Chain - no marks
Cranks - Shimano 600
Chain rings Shimano w cut 52T and 42T
Bottom Bracket Shimano
Pedals SR with Christophe toe clips and belts
Rims front Mavic Module E2 rear Mavic MA2
Hubs - no marks
QRS - Spidel
Tyres Wolber Rally 700c
Saddle Sella Italia Anton??
Seat post fluted alloy Laprade
Seat post binder Nut and bolt
Weight 24lb or 10.88 kg
No extras
Sticker on down tube from the Hatfield Toy Centre.
If you turn the bike over and look at the BB from the rear it has serial number WK5**1*5 on the left of the BB is an inverted C below the serial number is a A on the left rear wheel stay is a B and on the tube to the head tube is a T - any clues???

Cheers Bill

Spokesmann - should have photos posted by the end of the week - i surf on a dongle and the reception isn't good enough to deal with photos - should get to town by the end of the week

Steve - thanks for the pointer - hopefully over the coming months we'll be getting to know eachother a lot better and when I need help ( and I will need help) I know where to come :)
Cheers Bill

curzons246":2o2bjy42 said:
Spokesmann - should have photos posted by the end of the week - i surf on a dongle and the reception isn't good enough to deal with photos - should get to town by the end of the week

Steve - thanks for the pointer - hopefully over the coming months we'll be getting to know eachother a lot better and when I need help ( and I will need help) I know where to come :)
Cheers Bill

Look forward to seeing them, we dont get enough Carlton on here for my liking, something I aim to put right! :LOL:

Back