Greg Lemond Craig Calfee Z Team 1991 Replica

Lemond Fan

rBotM Winner
Well its finally finished, took a bit of time (and a lot of money!!) to source all the correct parts, most parts NOS. Spec list to follow virtually identical spec to Gregs machine even down to the rare tyres, really pleased how this one turned out. Question now is what is it worth ??

Heres some temporay pictures needs a polish and need to apply th Scott stickers on the Drop Bars.

Took it for a spin and WOW 1, how it climbs I had read reviews off other people who own Calfees and it just glides up hill. and 2 the tubulars never ridden on them before but they make a bike feel so much more in control.

Heres the spec list
Frame: 1991 Craig Calfee (formally Carbon Frames) Greg Lemond Carbon Frame with Titanium Dropouts - Z Team Colours - Carbon Weave with Clear Pearlescent Paint Finish

Fork: KMS Kestrel

Headset: Campagnolo C Record
Stem: 3TTT Record 84 (branded Scott on Greg's machine
Handlebar: Scott Drop In
Bar Tape: Benetto Bar tap

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo C Record
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Delta C Record
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Delta C Record
Brake Cables: Campagnolo Pearl White

Shifters: Campagnolo C Record
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus RS (Not C Record due to strange diameter tubing hence adjustable band required and why this was used
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo C Record
Derailleur Cables: Campagnolo
Cassette: Campagnolo Record
Chain: Campagnolo Record (Greg used Rohloff)
Cranks: Campagnolo C Record
Chainrings: Campagnolo C Record
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo C Record
Pedals: Time Criterium (Should be Time Equipe)

Rims: Campagnolo Sigma Strada Tubular
Hubs: Campagnolo C Record
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo C Record
Tyres: Vittoria CX Seta 19 Tubulars

Saddle: Selle San Marco Regal
Seatpost: Campagnolo C Record
Seatpost Binder: Craig Calfee (formally Carbon Frames)

Bottle Cage: TA

Weight: ?

Attachments

• DVC06228.JPG
    DVC06228.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 9,890
  • DVC06225.JPG
    DVC06225.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 9,890
  • DVC06230.JPG
    DVC06230.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 9,890
Heres some more pics

Attachments

• DVC06226.JPG
    DVC06226.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 9,888
  • DVC06229.JPG
    DVC06229.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 9,888
  • DVC06234.JPG
    DVC06234.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 9,888
INDECS":281w0pup said:
Incredible... no corners cut.

Did you ride it with the Carnacs I sold you?

Hi Indecs

Not road it yet with the carnacs just took it out for a spin with trainers on, the Time pedals being very new and sat for 16 years are very stiff to get into. Might swap back to some Campagnolo Look not correct to the bike but at least I would feel confident riding it. Managed to get some of the Time Carnac inserts off Ben again :)

Steve Kish":2xnf320a said:
Ouchies - be careful of your knees on those bars! :shock:

Hi Steve

Thats what I thought but surprisingly they do net get in the way, great for decending though :D

A work of art! Everything looks immaculate. I'm sure it'll prove worth the effort in collecting the parts and I'm also sure it'll keep putting a big smile on your face every time you take it for a spin!

Steve - I've never had a problem with knees on Drop Ins. Now I'm older and heavier I find them a bit flexy when down on the bottom sections, but when I was a wreckless teenager I used to put my aero bars on that section and thought nothing of it!

Very nice build, well done...............
I'll look out for it, screaming around the lanes of staffordshire. :D .

Back