Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Dead Rats wrote:
John wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
Likewise John, I had a series of Raleighs including a Pursuit and a Criterium 501 between the final BMX and the first MTB.

Ahh, I could only dream of a Pursuit or even a Raleigh, a couple of mates had one. Seem to recall I had a 5 speed Royal Enfield purchased second hand. Did Raleigh not do a Vector-esque road bike with the little computer on the top tube? Or did I imagine that?

Hmmm dunno, sounds very 1985 that does! :lol: rode my Pursuit into the ground way after I'd grown out of it. I experimented with TT bars too :roll: and used the 'offcuts' as a central bar extensions (got my Dad to weld them together and make me a clamping assembly). Oh dear! The Criterium was a nice bike, if a bit big at 25" though. Funnily enough I saw a Pursuit in my town centre only yesterday, same year and everything, but converted to fixed :x

Love the idea of DIY tri bars. Hope you used hose clamps on them somewhere.

The Raleigh road bike with the computer may well be a figment of my imagination. Just spent 40 useful minutes on google looking for evidence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:04 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

it does ring a bell with me (titter), or am I thinking of that BMX that had a fairing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Dead Rats wrote:
it does ring a bell with me (titter), or am I thinking of that BMX that had a fairing?

Maybe the Vektar you are thinking of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:15 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I HEART that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 pm 
Retro Guru

+1. I would have felt like Tron if I'd had that! I must have begged my mum and dad for one of those for Christmas. In fact, is it too late to ask them for one for christmas this year? I'm only in my thirties... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Dead Rats wrote:
that's a cute machine! mine's been painted but I haven't collected it yet, got loads of parts ready for it, toying with single speed but most likely to go with 5.

whereabouts in Manchester are you? maybe we should meet up? my lass is gonna ride the Raleigh, I'd be either on my Banana or the Sun as I'm 6'2" :lol:

That'd be great. I'm in Flixton, not far from the Trafford Centre ( :oops: ). I tried the Pacer out yesterday - my usual bike is 22 and a bit inches and I think I should be on a 23 inch frame really - the Pacer made me feel like I'd imagine Noddy feels driving his tiny car. I did think about turning up to a club ride on it, or taking it up to the top of some monster hill and seeing what happens... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Dead Rats wrote:

I had a series of Raleighs including a Pursuit and a Criterium 501 between the final BMX and the first MTB.

Got a 23" Criterium 501 F&F bit rough been welded at top of seat stay £10 delivered to Stalybridge train station. (it would have been Karma, but a tenner will get me 3pints in the pub on the station!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I'll be in touch when they're done, should be a while to be honest! I'm Chorlton based

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 pm 
Retro Guru

Ahh, I could only dream of a Pursuit or even a Raleigh, a couple of mates had one. Seem to recall I had a 5 speed Royal Enfield purchased second hand. Did Raleigh not do a Vector-esque road bike with the little computer on the top tube? Or did I imagine that?[/quote]

Ta - da!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-Raleigh-Sens ... 19bfffded6

On ebay right now, at 99p! That computer must add at least 100mph to the top speek...

I've been getting flaskbacks the last couple of days of trying to talk mum and dad into getting me a Vektor - I must have been about five, and it looked like the coolest thing in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:08 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Brilliant. Just for reference here are the pics

The Raleigh Sensor!

Attachments:
Raleigh Sensor 2.jpg
Raleigh Sensor 2.jpg [ 41.58 KiB | Viewed 4353 times ]
Raleigh Sensor 1.jpg
Raleigh Sensor 1.jpg [ 31.34 KiB | Viewed 4353 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next