Concorde Columbo

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought this a few months back from Tel on here. Thought it best to stick the odd photo on here as, well, I am running low on bikes to show now.

Always liked the Concorde brand as per the PDM team days, this is a lower spec frame but it is very nicely finished - there are the odd rust spots and so on but I suspect a refurb would be expensive and its not that bad. It does however, still look pretty good with a bit of age on it.

So to the spec...

Frame: Concorde Columbus Aelle

Fork: Concorde

Headset: Shimano 600
Stem: Cinelli 1a?
Handlebar: Cinelli
Bar Tape: Masi (am guessing)

Brake Levers/Brifters: Shimano 600
Brake Calipers: Shimano 600 Dual Pivot
Brake Pads: n/a
Brake Cables: n/a

Shifters: Shimano 600 - friction mode
Front Derailleur: Shimano 600
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600
Cassette: Sh.. you get the idea

Cranks:
Chainrings: Biopace (mk2 ones)
Bottom Bracket: n/a
Pedals: Time Classique

Rims: Wolber
Hubs: Shimano 600
Hub Skewers: as above
Tyres: Vittoria Corsa

Saddle: Trimatic
Seatpost: 600
Seatpost Binder: integrated

Bottle Cage: no
Extras: no

Credit where its due to Tel, who put it together, not a sqeak, rattle or bolt out of place - rides perfect.

Is it a keeper? hmm, not sure as yet, very nice to ride, very pleasing to look at, however, it could be just one bike too many for me. Other option is use it as a run-around, but suspect that in Brighton I would just be waiting for the parts to get stripped off it :( decisions, decisions!

Attachments

• DSC01527_sml.JPG
    DSC01527_sml.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 2,989
  • DSC01529_sml.JPG
    DSC01529_sml.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 2,989
  • DSC01531_sml.JPG
    DSC01531_sml.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,989
Seeing as the general quality of your common or garden 'Winter Bike' has just been upped by ededwards, Might confine this to that purpose.

That means the Roberts gets a Winter holiday, seeing as it was doing the Winter stuff.

Thanks for the comments. :)

New Pic - decided to do the Winter thing with this bike - seeing as we can't all have Columbus Max Winter hacks ;)

Put my Roberts away for the next few months and started using this one today.

Changes are:

Crud Race-Guards
Time All-Road (atac style)
Lights (not shown).
Co2 / manual pump.
Bottle Cage.

(edit: mud guards were mid fitting at time of pic)

Attachments

• DSC01713-sml.JPG
    DSC01713-sml.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,883
Still a great looking bike. I was so happy with the result, albeit I had to rob parts from my own bike to get it upto a good standard.

Glad to see its in good hands, but a winter bike!? My fingers are still aching from the polishing!

Tel":2jy8gkwu said:
...... but a winter bike!? My fingers are still aching from the polishing!

It'll not see much in the way of rain or sludge I can assure you - the MTBs are out and ready for that!

But anything like a CTC run or similar will be happily done on it as its so nice to ride.

But, it appears that right now I have quite a pile of un-finisheds that need sorting so its a bit of a needs must unless I find something remarkably cheap and cheerful (and nice).

Latest posts

Back