Ive just got a Hetchins!

Here it is!!

Its a 1982 Hetchins Magnum Bonum Scorpion.....I have aquired it from the original owner by way of my LBS which has his friend working there.......I only went in to see if he had an old groupset that would match the Brian Rourke frame and fork that is for sale on here elswhere.............. :D

To say I'm happy is an understatement!!!

It has a Campag fluted seatpin pantographed 'Colnago' and painted in the Italian colours....
Super record rear mech (I'm on the lookout for a matching, or close front)
'colnago' pantographed campag chainset....I think super record as well.
I can't remember the hubs or brakes at the minute..... :oops:

It is just a thing of beauty!

I have added my B17 now, and some spd's so I can ride, but am thinking of some nice old campag pedals with toe clips.....I'm not sure yet.

anyway.....some pics. Please excuse the quality, they are off my iphone at dusk tonight :D

k4cawz.jpg

a9v9jr.jpg

10781n8.jpg

qzfy2b.jpg

What do you think??

You sound so exited ...and I do know why :) That is a very nice bike. Lush components too. Do I spot a 1st gen Super Record mech?! ;) ...among other nice stuff

I'm not sure if its first gen or not to be honest.... I have so much to learn about road stuff.... This is all new to me!
I know I need to find a matching front mech... It has an old shimano one on at present... I imagine it's going to be difficult if its first generation....... I'll put a picture of the chainset up tomorrow, as that is a work of art in itself :0)
I always thought that a bike of this quality would be beyond my reach, but ingot lucky today :0)

Beautiful

If I were you I would sell the panto'd gear and buy a more retro-esque wheelset, but hey, it looks fabulous as is.

From the pic it looks very much like this 2nd mech ...and that is a 1st gen SR mech :)

I do not know whether there were already SR front mechs with the black ano in the mid-late 70s era.

Back