Peugeot carbon pro 1200

maverik1901

Retro Newbie
I recently acquired this carbon road bike and I have scoured the internet for info on it and it doesn't seem to exist!! if anybody could enlighten me it would be much appreciated!! It is a fantastic bike to ride and very stiff if a bit big for me. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• IMG00071-20100722-1611.jpg
    IMG00071-20100722-1611.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 11,403
Cool bike! It looks like an Aegis-produced bike from the early 90's. Aegis worked on the original carbon-fiber Treks, and then went on to produce carbon bikes for others.
Employing our new methods, we founded Graphite Technologies, and began producing for the likes of Basso, Profile, Peugeot, Iron Horse, and Racing Bik [sic?]. Once again, these "captive" relationships proved to be unfavorable for our company, and forced us to re-think company objectives. In 1993, with the introduction of the Aegis line, we happily committed ourselves to exclusively produce and market our own products.
I have a Basso that's similar.

Attachments

• basso-1.jpg
    basso-1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 11,379
Nice

In Gallery 2 Manufacturer section you find a very alike frame. 1998 Peugeot TeamLine catalogue. That frame is called CF1500 and is full carbon. Yours uses al tubing?

I have had Peugeot TeamLine MTB frame that used the configuration al tubing bonded to carbon lugs. Above it there sat a model with carbon tubing.

The Peugeot frame has very different chanstays/dropouts to that Aegis, otherwise quite similar , I was given a Peugeot frame that has been resprayed and I was shown a catalog scan that showed it was a Teamline 1500 , it has different forks to yours (still alloy that are "integrated" to the headset) but it uses a steel steerer and old style quill stem. The Photo i saw showed 9 speed ultegra with red Mavic helium wheels. When I stripped off all the paint/primer you can see the very short tubes are filament wound and the very large lugs are unidirectional carbon. Lats in Australia

Wow I never imagined there would be this much info around! Thanks Guys!! I want to re-spray it in the original teamline colours because the paint is chipping and falling off. would anybody have any idea where I could get some new decals from?

maverik1901":2fhco96o said:
Wow I never imagined there would be this much info around! Thanks Guys!! I want to re-spray it in the original teamline colours because the paint is chipping and falling off. would anybody have any idea where I could get some new decals from?

I would Imagine the purple is the original paint with original silver decals, I'm sure Peugeot sold this frame as many different models. If you do want to re spray, then the team line decals would be the easist to get computer cut and they could be either white under the clear coat or get masks cut and stick them on a white background after primer then get the red and black painted and remove the masks to expose white, then clear the lot. I would not get this frame powder coated or baked too hot as there is a 70 degree warning in the literature.

The pics are from the 1998 catalogue. View full catalogue here. There is more nice in it.

I would think your Peugeot is a couple years earlier. Paint looks more alike the MTB I had and that one was a couple years older. I do also have a 1995 TeamLine MTB catalogue somewhere. Similar kind of paintschemes in it. If I recall correctly you could choose between 3 colours: redish, blueish, greenish. 4th option was team paint: yellow faded to blue.

Back