Cinelli Supercorsa strada

chipper

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's my build or more correctly rebuild of my old warhorse.

100_0124.jpg

Frame: 59cm 1994 Cinelli Supercorsa-columbus SLX-Rosso Ferrari over
chrome

Headset:Stronglight alloy with taper roller bearings
Stem: ITM titantium 12cm
Handlebar:Ambrosia lite ergo 44cm
Bar Tape: Ambrosia original

Brake Levers/Shifters:Campag chorus carbon 10 speed
Brake Calipers:Shimano Dura ace DP
Front Derailleur:Campag record 10 speed
Rear Derailleur:Campag centaur 10 speed
Cassette:Campag centaur 13-26 10 speed
Chain:KMC slotted
Cranks:1st generation Campag Chorus 172.5 polished
Chainrings:Campag Chorus 10 speed 53/39
Bottom Bracket:Campag centaur
Pedals:Exustar

Rims:Alex
Hubs:front;specialized 24h. rear; Ambrosia Zenon 28h
Tyres:Schwalbe Durano S 23mm

Saddle: Flite Titanium
Seatpost:Easton carbon
Seatpost Binder:Cinelli

Bottle Cage:RavX
Extras:

Weight:Too much!( 20 1/4lbs)

I'd always wanted a Cinelli SC frame,iconic, with a blood line going back to the 1940's and also very rare, at least in the UK,in fact I'd never seen one in the flesh until my one landed on my door step in'94. Mine came via a European contact and at the right price mainly because he couldn't shift them because everyone wanted the latest welded alloy frames.
Originally I built the frame up using a Shimano Dura ace STI groupset (and if they had known about this in Milan I could well have been" sleeping with the fishes")Although I did fit a Campag Chorus chainset.
Sadly I only used the bike for one last swansong season,then hung my wheels up.My only cycling since has been the daily commute and naturally a SC is far to good for that,so it was stripped and mothballed.
Anyway, recently I have started to get the flavour again,hence the rebuild,
a mixture of the original set up ,new parts and bits I had in the workshop,
absolute delight to ride,a keeper for sure :LOL:

100_0135.jpg

Cinelli trade mark seat lug.

100_0118.jpg

Cinelli aero cast bottom bracket shell.

100_0119.jpg

All Cinelli SC have chrome lugs

100_0128.jpg

Hand polished Chorus cranks.

From an aesthetic point of view they are among the nicest Italians imo. Wished I owned one.

Top notch, sir. I love the headset and the hand-polished crank arms. That integrated seatpost binder bolt is very clever, too. :cool:

Very nice bike indeed.

I too always loved the Cinelli look but was put off them a bit by their reputation for being very stiff and unforgiving. I have no idea if this was in any way true of course having never ridden one.

Anyway, that's a great looking bike.

Mark.

Sweet - we saw one of these outside Amsterdam Central Station last Saturday, although less tidy! The chic girl owner was chastised by Mel for having a sloppily adjusted skewer. Mel was then chastised by Max for failing to spot a chat up opportunity...

I took mine for an idyllic sunset spin around Delft on Monday evening - briefly, all seemed right with the world... :cool:

Mr K

Attachments

• Cinelli Super Corsa.JPG
    Cinelli Super Corsa.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 6,441
mrkawasaki":2di7oux0 said:
The chic girl owner was chastised by Mel for having a sloppily adjusted skewer. Mel was then chastised by Max for failing to spot a chat up opportunity...

The way she had tightened it was potentially very dangerous.

Latest posts

Back