Raleigh Team Track SBDU restoration project FINISHED! 24/01

Pointer

Retro Guru
This will be a long term project. I don't intend to rush it and I hope to restore it to its former glory.
I aquired the whole bike from the original owner a couple of weeks back, it is a complete bike but needs a full restoration. I stripped it down to component parts on Saturday, BB is in superb condition, as are all of the Campagnolo bearings (on the inside anyway). The outsides require more than a bit of elbow grease!. The frame will be restored professionally to original spec, it is an Ilkeston built track frame (531) with Campagnolo fork and track ends. I love it already.
Bike:
Track.jpg

Front hub (the spokes are dead but the gold Mavic OR10's are in good condition) before and after two hours of cleaning:
twin_hubs.jpg

I will update this as and when.

Exceedingly cool project.

Who will be doing the respray for you?

John":2qx6og8p said:

Not sure yet, Argos, Bob Jackson possibly. Open to good recommendations/ suggestions.

Pointer":215d1ia0 said:
John":215d1ia0 said:

Not sure yet, Argos, Bob Jackson possibly. Open to good recommendations/ suggestions.

I was hoping you might have a good recommendation. Have a 753 team pro also awaiting respray. Heard Argos are OK. One issue is a lot of the modern resprays are quite 'glossy' in comparision ot the original finish.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm watching this with great interest. Had my first track session at the Manchester Velodrome the other week and must admit i'm hooked. So i'd like to learn a bit more about these track bikes and maybe do a track bike restoration of my own one day.

Cyclomondo as per LGFs link or H lloyd are the people for Ilkeston Raleigh decals.

All interesting stuff, thanks for the links too. It has quite old TiRaleigh 531 stickers on the forks, which I haven't seen re-created yet.
Maybe its time for a re-spray thread? It is going to cost a fair bit and I'd like it to last, my gut instinct is to go for Bob Jackson.

Latest posts

Back