1985 Roy Cottingham Chronometro *UPDATED*

RooKilo

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I posted this on here last year, since then I've made a few changes so here's an updated spec. sheet and photos.

Here is my pride and joy, owned by me since 1993 and restored 2009.

Frame: Roy Cottingham Chronometro with black pearl paint by Mercian cycles (gorgeous in the sun) made with Columbus SL main tubes & Columbus KL rear stays
Fork: Columbus KL

Headset: Campagnolo Record
Stem: Cinelli 1R 11cm
Handlebar: Cinelli 66-42 Campione del Mondo
Bar Tape: Benotto
Brake Levers: Modolo Kronos
Brake Calipers: Dia Compe Aero Gran Compe

Shifters:
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus
Freewheel: Regina America 13-18
Chain: Sedis gold
Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus 175mm
Chainrings: Campagnolo, 53/39
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Veloce

Rims: Pete Mathews Pianni
Hubs: Suntour Cyclone
Spokes: Sapim
Tyres: Continental Podium

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium
Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus

DSC01315 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01316 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01317 by Rookilo, on Flickr

Cheers, it was going to be silver as original but then I saw that the black pearl in Mercians has gold in it I changed my mind - I've been toying with the idea of gold tape but think it'll be too much?

It's fantastic to ride on a good surface, it goes straight as an arrow and it's great to beat guys with tri-bars when I use it for the odd club '10'! It once did a short 23 when I had better legs......

At last! A Reid Cottingham, a great frame builder. Doesn't have his extremely fancy lugs though. :cry:

Very nice though, and an excellent refinish.

I used to have one of his 'brochures' with drawings of all the lug designs - but I've lost it!!!

I wasn't into the fancy lugs back when I got it, he did show me lots of bare lugs plus some frames with fancy lugs on one of the occasions I went to see him when I had a low-profile built. I've got a flyer of his, I'll have to scan it in.

There's examples of his work at http://www.hetchins.org/cottingham.htm

RooKilo":2sb7q6ok said:
I wasn't into the fancy lugs back when I got it, he did show me lots of bare lugs plus some frames with fancy lugs on one of the occasions I went to see him when I had a low-profile built. I've got a flyer of his, I'll have to scan it in.

There's examples of his work at http://www.hetchins.org/cottingham.htm

Those frames are gorgeous, I particularly like the red/grey TT bike. It even has a tag for numbers for when they were carried on the bike rather than the rider. I also like the drilled lugs. Even King Alf never went that far!

Latest posts

Back