Hub Skewers:
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Vittoria evo cx/ks tubular
Tubes:

Saddle: Regal girardi
Seatpost:
Seatpost Binder: campagnolo

A few months ago I felt the urge for a road bike again, so I dug out my old bike from my parents garage only to find that it was several sizes too small. I therefore started looking for a new bike and in the process came upon this 1996 team GAN frame built with coloumbus custom neuron tubing. My old bike was built up with sachs new succes so as I couldn't afford campag record I swapped it across as its nice to use and is a bit different as well.

It rides very nicely, better than expected, it just seems to absorb the bumps in the road. It lives up to the reputation of being a good descender as well, just point it downhill and it goes with total confidence.

:shock:

I like that a lot!

Why didnt you expect it to ride well?

Good quality steel has a wonderful feel to it, especially such quality as here...

Oh, I expected it to ride well, just not as well as it does :LOL: even getting caught out in the rain on its first ride didn't lessen the experience especially after riding mtbs for the last few years, I'd forgotten how fast they go.

Beautifull bike, don't walk

Interesting build, with the Sachs New Success. I like it.

Very very tidy, love it.

How does the tubeset sit in the columbus line up. Looks like a tigged frame to me?

What's the post? USE?

The Merckx do ride well. Out for a few hours on mine today, showed a clean pair of heels to some of the other lads out on their carbon yadda yadda yaddas on some of the descnets :LOL: Assume yours will be century geometry?

Please enter this for rBoTM.

Not too sure about how the tubing lines up in the range I haven't found much information it, but as its an old team frame I assume it was the top of the range at the time.

4672820505_a676f4d19d_b.jpg

The frame is lugged, not too sure about the geometry I haven't checked it.

Don't know what the seatpost is, not a USE though.

Back