HELP ME ID THIS FRAME ROAD / TRACK

ian10000

Retro Newbie
Hi i am new to this forum i have been given a part built frame there are a few features that are a bit different it has a wrap over seat stay very nice lugwork nervex bottom bracket frame no is I128 a curved rear brake bracket it came to me with solid tyres south of france bars .
Hi thanks for your replys yes i will be restoring it when i can find out a bit more about it and what it was . Then would like to get it as original as possible . Yes bars and lever are very nice also brake , what you see on the seat stay photo is the seat bolt . Thanks for all your help so far ian

Attachments

• DSC00911.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC00914.JPG
    DSC00914.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC00918.JPG
    DSC00918.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 616
That's a Gloria 'Bartali' lever as used by the great Italian - and lots of Bartali wannabees in the '50's. The projection is supposed to be for the rider to hook their first finger around to give more 'pull' when climbing etc.

It's actually a road frame as it does not have the rear facing rear 'dropouts' and looks quite a nice one.

Perhaps someone will recognise the frame number and the curved rear brake bridge is a possible clue.

Is that a centre-pull rear brake cable stop hanging from the seat binder bolt?

Latest posts

Back