Classic(ish) bike - what to do

GeoSpectrum

Retro Newbie
After a long, very long, lay off I’m back on the bike. I’ve cobbled together a good machine from the remains of my cycling gear. It is a bit of a mish mash of Campag and a few other odd and ends. The frame is a John Pavey bought in the early 90's in Cambridgeshire. I want a bike I can ride without worrying about spares etc so what to do with this one? sell? Keep? Ride until I cant get the spares? Any thoughts from the group?

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,317
you've come to the wrong place if you think people will say, nah, get rid :LOL:

Of course keep it and ride it into the ground :D

There'll always be spares.

If it's good quality cups and cones on the BB. headset, and hubs, the only spares ye'll need is ball bearings..........

Definitely keep and ride.
Buy the likely spares you'll need now and ride it for the next 20 years.

If it was mine I wouldn't sell it on, it's a great looking bike.

Mark.

That's a very nice machine. Get out on it asap!

Don't worry about spares etc. Anything you really need you can probably get here or at jumbles.

You'll probably end up buying more stuff and starting a retro collection. ;)

Nah, get rid of it.. It will be all clunky to ride, will be like riding a sack of spud up a hill, and be impossible to find bits for it anywhere.
Tell you waht, to save you all that unnecessary grief I will send a courier round in the morning to pick it up. Hows that? Just bung me a pint, that's cool.

:roll: :LOL:

Re: Now for sale

GeoSpectrum":gs3kh4hk said:
I have decided to sell the John Pavey if anyone is intrested.

Stark staring bonkers! Get a grip on yourself. Thats a lovely looking bike, I'd certainly give it houseroom, pride of place over the mantlepiece even.

Will :)

Back