New training rig for the summer HH fixed

old codger

Devout Dirtbag
Just finneshed this today,running 49x18 at the moment but going to go down a touch.

Attachments

• C64 4 2.jpg
    C64 4 2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,620
HH fixed

By the way, i can't seem to get the front caliper working properly,is it because the cable is on the wrong side and forcing the pad over.

Cheers.

Looks nice OC!

When you say your brake is not working do you mean that is not central? You need to adjust it with a cone spanner just behind the spring and in front of the fork crown. Their quite hard to each though I had to drop out the wheel and do it from underneath....

Re: HH fixed

old codger":3sm5ebjs said:
By the way, i can't seem to get the front caliper working properly,is it because the cable is on the wrong side and forcing the pad over.

Cheers.

Looks like the cable outer is a little short - I used to manage doing this on a consistent basis and as it tensions up it pulls the caliper out of straight?

Very nice build, love the mix of old and new. You should post a pic of it over at LGFSS, they would cream themselves.

Aren't front brakes usually worked with the right hand?

HH Fixed

Cheers everybody,
i have changed over to right lever and it not only works better but it looks right to,as for LFGS i can't seem to upload an image.
Also i have lock wired the other lever shut.

Thanks.

Re: HH Fixed

old codger":rw8ujd5e said:
Also i have lock wired the other lever shut.
Thanks.

Good idea, I prefer the symmetry and practicality of two levers. What does that involve?

Back