Masi Faema by Giuseppe Pela

Re:

What's remarkable with that frame is that although it dates back from the late '60s or very early '70s it has all the brazed parts that would give the frame a smoother look and make gear shifting more reliable... and protect the down-tube from over tightened clamps. That was quite uncommon at the time.
I was researching this a few years back. I was assuming that the early '70s was a time of Campagnolo chromed clips everywhere, but I found photos of famous riders with unexpected braze-ons, and it seemed likely that this was a phenomenon associated with Masi.

Re: Re:

torqueless":3bnt34oq said:
I was researching this a few years back. I was assuming that the early '70s was a time of Campagnolo chromed clips everywhere, but I found photos of famous riders with unexpected braze-ons, and it seemed likely that this was a phenomenon associated with Masi.

Indeed - often those famous riders had their frame built by Masi and more than once the master builder there was Pelà. Anquetil, Simpson, Merckx and others were powerful enough in their respective team to impose their managers their choice of frame...
I might be venturing into questionable statements here but I think Pelà pioneered brazed cable guides and down-tube shifter bosses... I have not seen so far such features on other frames of that era (late 60s).

Re: Re:

dan73uk":1e0as69k said:
That looks wonderful!

Yep! And thanks!

I do really value how the tiniest areas have been delicately painted but what I love above all is the tone of the painting... Exactly what it was meant to be - white with a touch of hazel or a cloud of hazelnut cream should I say as Faema was and is still actually a coffee machine maker :)

Re:

I might be venturing into questionable statements here but I think Pelà pioneered brazed cable guides and down-tube shifter bosses... I have not seen so far such features on other frames of that era (late 60s).
Well.. I wouldn't use the word 'pioneered'. More like: 'Re-introduced braze-ons that had fallen out of fashion around the time of the introduction of Campagnolo Record/Nuovo Record into the European trade teams', or maybe just: 'Pioneered braze-ons for Campagnolo Nuovo Record'?

Back