Ron Cooper with Shimano 600 tricolour

Re:

Frameset is an inch too small for me (the drop to the bars is about 5") so, at some point in the next week, I'll be transferring the parts to a 23" Eddy Merckx frameset and it will be for sale. I don't think there are any marks except underneath components. Will throw in the annoyingly rare non-keyed Ofmega seatbolt.

I'm confused; painted and built only only to strip off parts again on a frame that never fit. Odd. Why not just sell the frameset before the paintwork and build? I would say nice bike; it is, but soon it won't be. Hope the Merckx frame fits!

Re:

Looks brand new, good job. The 600 tricolour is one of the best groupsets of all time. Guy at my lbs has been riding a cougar bike with 600 for 26 years and has only replaced the jockey wheels,bearings etc.

Re:

I rode it many times over 3 years but the drop to the bars was always too low. A tall stem would have been the easiest solution but it rarely looks right on a bike of this type. It sold very easily to someone who will look after it and fit full shiny Campag kit.

The Merckx is spot on. I did a few miles on it today and it is really plush compared to my carbon bike (which has almost exactly the same position) or the Cooper on the same wheels. It is 6oz heavier but it is a 23" rather than a 22", and has oversize top and down tubes. I find bikes much of a muchness once they're adjusted to fit, but some just feel right and this is one of them.

I should point out that I also have a couple of bikes that feel slow but the average speed after a ride says otherwise.

Back