Foz ex Battered Bitsa Batavus Professional 1984-ish

Stays and fork have domed ends, so Reynolds tubing. Columbus SL or SP was also available. They have flat ends. The SLX frame looks very different: Everest instead of Bocama lugs etc. The Professional was hand built in Batavus small frame shop in Heerenveen, The Netherlands. They are comparable with the top end frames of the Gazelle Champion Mondial program. Batavus supplied the KNWU Dutch national team with Professionals.

SLX frame in KNWU livery >> https://www.classicsteelbikes.com/produ ... ecord-nos/

Elev12k":3cgo0kdd said:
Stays and fork have domed ends, so Reynolds tubing. Columbus SL or SP was also available. They have flat ends. The SLX frame looks very different: Everest instead of Bocama lugs etc. The Professional was hand built in Batavus small frame shop in Heerenveen, The Netherlands. They are comparable with the top end frames of the Gazelle Champion Mondial program. Batavus supplied the KNWU Dutch national team with Professionals.

Many thanks as always!

What Reynolds decal should I get for it?

I think the 531c or the earlier 531 butted decal.

Reynolds-531c-Decals.jpg

Later also 531 Professional was available.

I think the break was possibly 1983? (From 531 double butted to 531c) not that I suppose it really matters as it’s the same thing..
I’ve just put a set of 531c on an ‘81 Double butted Claud, just ‘cause that’s what I had..

Back