1963 Jack Taylor Sport - slight update page 3

Re: 1963 Jack Taylor Sport

Well after a bit of digging and some sound input from the knowledgeable folk on here, it seems they are a fair bit more modern. Most likely 80's or a bit earlier at a push but definitely not put away when the frame was. They had been spaced to 126mm as well where as the frame is spaced at 120mm. Nice wheelset so will suite something I am sure. Just not the Jack Taylor. They were a bonus anyway so am grateful to get them.

Jamie

Thats a really nice find Jamie and a great write up to boot. If you PM me your address again I have something to send you in connection with Jack Taylor cycles that you may like.

Thanks for the kind words Clive.
Intrigued now
Have PM'ed you

Jamie

Jamiedyer":nz2ca3yn said:
Intrigued now
Have PM'ed you

Jamie

Don't do it....its a trap. Everyone thinks Clive is a really nice bloke who is kind and friendly to everyone he meets.... oh wait, actually that’s true...carry on as you were.. ;)

Peachy!":1gh74e1b said:
Jamiedyer":1gh74e1b said:
Intrigued now
Have PM'ed you

Jamie

Don't do it....its a trap. Everyone thinks Clive is a really nice bloke who is kind and friendly to everyone he meets.... oh wait, actually that’s true...carry on as you were.. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kingbling":1cnk3n1b said:
Peachy!":1cnk3n1b said:
Jamiedyer":1cnk3n1b said:
Intrigued now
Have PM'ed you

Jamie

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just woken up sleeping beauty?

Re: Slight update

A slight update, though not much new happened so far beside a wipe down and rethink on the build.
Pulled the 63 Sport down from the loft and thought I better start making some plans to get it built. Has sat in lofts for far too many years. Has had the BB and headset fitted but other than that, never had a brake bolt, seat post or seat bolt. tried to get a decent photo but there isn't even a paint chip or scratch at the brake bridge or binder bolt. Colour is still as great as when it was painted as the photos don't do the yellow justice. Still not a 100% sure on direction and I change my mind often about how I want to build it but it needs to happen as I am itching to ride it. Plenty of clearance even with the 27'' wheel fitted. These wheels are spaced for a wider frame but Brian has me a pair of very nice Weinmann rims that I would like to build onto a set of High flange first generation Dura Ace hubs, I know, sacrilege, though they are 120 and screw on 5 speed freewheel. I was toying with fitting a double chainset but this would mean fitting band on shifters and a cable guide for the front Derailleur as it only has these for the rear with only a right hand side shifter mount. Keep then going back to just keeping as a single front 5 speed.
I have ordered a new 531 decal from HLoyds, I went with the standard one that is on it rather than the Jack Taylor version that says SPORT across the decal. This original one is flaking off due to not being lacquered.
Would love to find some yellow Bluemels to fit as well if anybody knows of any.
I do have a couple of projects on the go but this keeps tugging at me to sort. Have been super busy with work since the start of the year and besides weekends have only had a day or so off so have spent the time with family and used the spare time to ride more than build.
Slow going but will try and bring this to the JT weekend which is at the end of August now, instead of the trusty Super Clubman.
Anyway a few photos to keep it updated

Jamie

IMG_3228 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3227 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3234 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3238 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3248 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3246 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3255 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Yours for the price of a pint and postage.....(£10)

That frame is beutiful BTW...like you don't know that :D

PS. You might not have been thinking stubbies, but you don't want to hide that signature!

Attachments

• Bluemells plus a little TLC.jpeg
    Bluemells plus a little TLC.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 359
Wow! They look nice. I never really gave shorties a thought but seeing these I think they would suite perfectly. Also being shorter they may not overwhelm in brightness like full guards may :)
Very generous offer mate. Will Pm in the morning.

Jamie

Back