French Barn Find - Buckets of Patina!

All the images of other De Dion - Bouton bikes I have seen are black with either gold or yellow box lining.

This one is yellow with blue box lining and was getting me stumped. Until I found an Ebay listing which gives a superb
idea of how it would of looked when coming fresh out of the Puteaux factory.
1654516765900.png

Last edited:
Interesting geometry....

Nob":1jgu6q73 said:
Did you buy it for that price....

Errr.......hell no! :?

On the French Ebay, there is a De Dion - Bouton barn find.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-18 velo DE DION BOUTON des années 1910 1920 eBay.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-18 velo DE DION BOUTON des années 1910 1920 eBay.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 615
Another barn find - "in it's own juice" according to the advert found in the French equivalent of Gumtree.

If it was close to me, I would have had a look at it to see if any parts would be useful.

Attachments

• Vélo ancien femme 1920.png
    Vélo ancien femme 1920.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 606
And lastly, what must be the ultimate in sheer French madness. We consider the pioneering days
of MTB whacked out, but the pioneering days of flight takes the biscuit. Fasten your seat-belt!

The write up and better images are here: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1075233

Attachments

• Car And Classic_rs.png
    Car And Classic_rs.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 612
Re:

Maybe it was like one of them Porsche pushbikes you put on your Porsche roof rack.

But 100 years ago.

I like the “Insure this vehicle” button! :facepalm:

Woz":1omadlck said:
Focusing on Brigette's rear caliper is far better.
Dude, that's a real weight weenie project you got there and by that I mean Bridge's rear caliper of course... or at least focusing on it, if nothing else. Should probably get you there in more reasonable time than plain peddling, wherever there is now. Nobody knows. Crank heaven maybe... or cotter pin Valhalla? Only American gods know.

Back