Team Z Peugeot 1990/91 Greg Lemond TVT

absolutely stunning!

could you let me know the deal with the bars.why the long extensions??
would he have gripped the bars that low??
:?

dave

Lovely build. Is there a story behind the frame? Looks to be in superb condition.

To follow up Pat's post, here are many more pictures of Lemond's 1990 TDF winning bike:

http://www.bikecult.com/works/archive/06bicycles/lemondTVT90TdF.html

They may provide more inspiration for authentic team parts.

Lemond's drop-ins appear to have some sort of additional material under the tape, perhaps to make them more ergonomic:

lemondTVT90TdFhbsc.JPG

matthew71":g488sc7j said:
Superb,and you dont see many time pedals in that condition

Yea the Pedals are Brand new fresh out of there box.
I have 4 pairs of the Titan Silver ones & 6 pairs of the White Equipe ones all Brand new in there boxes complete wit he shoe plates.

It Looks like I cocked up with the bar tape, Benotto seems to be the correct type. & thats a bugger to get hold of in White.

stringfellow1946":1esbmqz7 said:
matthew71":1esbmqz7 said:
Superb,and you dont see many time pedals in that condition

I have 4 pairs of the Titan Silver ones & 6 pairs of the White Equipe ones all Brand new in there boxes complete wit he shoe plates.

It Looks like I cocked up with the bar tape, Benotto seems to be the correct type. & thats a bugger to get hold of in White.

There's some on EBay now going for a tenner if you're still looking for some.

paul_tea":1p2fgmk3 said:
Lovely build. Is there a story behind the frame? Looks to be in superb condition.

To follow up Pat's post, here are many more pictures of Lemond's 1990 TDF winning bike:

http://www.bikecult.com/works/archive/06bicycles/lemondTVT90TdF.html

They may provide more inspiration for authentic team parts.

Lemond's drop-ins appear to have some sort of additional material under the tape, perhaps to make them more ergonomic:

lemondTVT90TdFhbsc.JPG

I had a bike in once with some ergo converters like those. Essentially they looked like a piece of handlebar cut down the middle making two lengths of 'C' bar. I rolled my eyes and chucked them in the bin....

thats a great start to the new year.well done... interesting that ride rs in the tdf loved them , they must be wicked ! i wonder if they persnolized other favourit stuff much . i know that gilbert ducloselasalle did. used shallow drop touring bars. saddles must have been varied as well. i wonder how they compare to the giant cadex /s handling. even thats retro now.

Lovely bike, makes you wonder how much power you've got to be putting out to ride it with that rear cassette and crankset :shock: :LOL:

i suppose the bars say a lot about gregs personality to try out and experiment with any thing new . i do agree a bit , but greg must have found some advantage . were there any other tdf bikes with them ? cant have been many !

Re:

Ressurecting an old post if I may. Just got my hands on TVT92 HM and a bit work to be done, sourcing correct parts. It is red Dura Ace equipped, odd Shimano wheels and odd pedals, seat etc.

So if you do have pedals left over still.....interested.

And here is her photo

Attachments

• B9DCB27A-2F3F-4F34-83A5-A275ED3710DF.jpeg
    B9DCB27A-2F3F-4F34-83A5-A275ED3710DF.jpeg
    636.2 KB · Views: 326
Back