Emperors Tribute II - Complete Bike

Re:

OK Nob I will ask you some of the impolite questions that are so far absent from this thread:

How much does it weigh? All that missing Campagnolo dust must bring this in lighter than the one Eddie was riding in 1978?

Do you think Eddie is at all freaked out by your devotion and idolatry as evidenced by this machine? I mean.. you know.. afaik all the pope got from Colnago was a bit of gold plating..

Do you ride it?

Has Eddie had a ride on it?

Could you refuse him if he asked?
:)

Re:

I have yet to weigh it

Sir Ed fully approves & tells the history if you read the links provided!
He loves what I’ve done as does his wife :)
The machine is in Melbourne so a little far from UK but If Ed ever wishes to holiday in Oz he is welcome to view
Hopefully this can be in a show next year..
The wheels are the original 25 champ winning wheels that have had a big make over

Such a lovely build, the craftsmanship which has gone into this is fantastic it's such a shame that we don't see more work like this these days.
Chapeau Nob Chapeau !

Re: Re:

vcballbat":piajo3ti said:
Another stunning tribute build, the 70's is my favourite era for tt machines.
This may be of interest to you..
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=405916

It was Ed’s machine but it’s ugly IMO.. he was so stylish on his Hearne & his best years were done on his Hearne but then I’m biased as he was my schoolboy hero when I first got involved in TT’s in 77.

Re:

I have to agree that was my era also but the TT bike evolved into what they are now and competition records smashed.
Eddie took the 30 mile competition record with a 59:22 in 91...I wonder if it was on this machine.

Back