Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 14

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 8

Have been really busy lately what with my sister being over from Oz, away with the canoe and then spending the last few weekends up and down the road trying to fix Heathers car. Well I got home from down near Aviemore with Heathers car late on Saturday night and was determined that I was going riding today, especially when I got up and it was such a nice sunny day.
A few jobs to get sorted first but after readjusting the cones on the front hub of the Jack Taylor I managed to get a nice couple of hours out cruising round the coast just enjoying being out riding after a couple of weeks without. Cleared the head for sure. Super Clubman ran really nice as usual and while I may have sorted the front wheel I still need to sort the bottom bracket that has started creaking. I thought it may have been the cranks but I had them off recently when I checked the BB was done up and even cleaned, adjusted and lubed my pedals before the ride just to make sure they were fine but no luck so looks like a new BB.
I still have to get my freshly painted Mercian built up but I'm thinking now that winters here I may just build up the touring Mercian to take the brunt of the winter riding and leave the nice one for spring. Plus Brian will be back soon wanting to road ride ;) That's also what I did today, went down some wet boggy tracks on the JT just to keep my eye in for when Brian gets home.

Jamie

IMG_2102 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2101 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2105 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2110 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2107 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 9

Always nice to see a JT.

Well after the madness that is the Strathpuffer 24hour over and a winter spent relatively quiet bike wise, just doing shortish rides when the opportunity arose whilst moving and sorting a new house, some form of normal came back into view when I managed to get out for a nice quiet couple of hours ride round the coast this Sunday.
Still busy sorting stuff with the new house but nice to get a break in the weather to finally align with the weekend. So the plan was after lunch to get the Jack Taylor out and just go for a ride, nowhere in particular, just see where it goes. It was great to be back on the JT after what seems like ages but has really only been about two months, in which time the Pugsley has been getting a few good outings and a couple on the Trucker with Caleb.
So while I have moved house I haven't moved too far and so the same roads are still local with a few more options available for those days when you only have a few hours.
It was dry though still quite cold and with a breeze making it seem cool as well. There forecast, which has since come true was for gale force winds and heavy rain on Monday, so glad I made the effort when I could.
Anyway, the Super Clubman was a joy to ride as usual.
Hopefully some of you managed to get out as well.

Jamie

Looking down towards home now
IMG_2410 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The view from the main road. Our house is just to the left out of shot and our local quiet beach is just down the hill, in line behind the power pole
IMG_2416 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2419 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2423 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

To keep Brian happy there was also some off road ;)
IMG_2427 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2436 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2442 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Always great to see more pictures of your area and of course the JT!

Re:

Hi Jamie
Love your scenic photos, you live in a really stunning area. Glad to see these old road bikes are still doing a bit of Rough Stuff. 'Wayfarer' 'Over the Tops' was my inspiration to get riding many years ago. I take it you carried the bike on those muddy tracks as it still looks remarkably clean. A beautiful restoration job and a lovely bike. :D

Re: Re:

Lackluster":1jhuikbp said:
Hi Jamie
I take it you carried the bike on those muddy tracks as it still looks remarkably clean. A beautiful restoration job and a lovely bike. :D

No carrying mate :LOL:
That's why it has mudguards. The tracks weren't to bad as the bigger mudholes either had a way past or they were frozen hard. So while they looked wet they were reasonably dry.
It is a nice spot and we like it. Though on a bad day it can be very bleak. In the top photo straight down the road past the house and you are heading north, heading this way would take you between Iceland and Svalbard and most likely hit land on the north eastern edge of Greenland, not that far away either. So when winter hits, it hits and when the wind comes from the north, it can get cold ;)
The history tends to lean more to Norse/Viking than anything else.

Philip, I am sure you'll have a great time. :)

Jamie

Back