The Bianchi that shouldn't be ONE

You have made a real quality job of the renovation.

Well done. Looks fantastic. Nice component specification as well.

What does it ride like?

First of all thanks for the compliments for the bike .. :mrgreen:

I took it from the wall and rode it at a German Bianchi Cycles Meet in a 70 km tour around Bielefeld and last weekend a similar route which was mostly on the flat. It is sufficiently stable like a steely one. Even with the short climb or faster acceleration in a sprint. The same applies to short and fast descends - there's no vibrations in the frame or in the bar

... even with the 32-hole FIR Pulsar wheels (...I haven't seen FIR Pulsar rims with 36h still yet - are there any!?) The Bianchi is very smooth and comfortable on the road with a very good directional stability and the old classic 8-speed Shimano DURA ACE groupset is today a pleasure not only visually, but also technically

BR Thomas

...and finally here a quick snap shot from the bike as a wallhanger with the corresponded jersey

Attachments

• IMG_0230_30pct.jpg
    IMG_0230_30pct.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 695
Re:

Hi Thomas,

Found this while going through my old magazines, no chrome on the rear triangle and probably taken on a descent in the tour de france in 1992.

Regards,

Pat

Attachments

• bugno 1.jpeg
    bugno 1.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 635
Fignon%20-%2092%20TDF-M.jpg

Fignon%2013-M.jpg

Re:

Hi, I’ve recently obtained a frame like this which is sadly also in need of restoration. Would it be ok to send me the celeste colour code you used and also the details of the decal manufacturer?

hi - excuse but there's no fix celeste coulour code - I have to learn that celeste is a mixed coulour, which changed from year to year. So I bought an official actual paint repair stick from Bianchi and then, discussed with the painter about the coulour and cracked the stick and made a few test plates. The celeste of begining the 90s and the HiTech F-X-PRO used by the team in the that period is more clean than the older eras. Today I thinks the coulour of my bike is a bit too bright. But it's aquestion of light and individual feeling to find the correct celeste coulour. - So I can not help you really with the celeste coulouring ... sorry

Decals, searched a long time for and finally used from different decalmaker /dealer - very important is to have the correct eagle of the 90s - the eagle also chandged by Bianchi time by time. I found the correct decal set at German dealer http://www.velociao.com in Berlin. On his actual website he offered the set in blue lettering only at the moment, send him a email and ask for white lettering, I think it needs time but he will have.

It's the correct Eagle of Savoyen of 90s - this eagle you will find within www. with different coulours of his sash eventually - I found white, red and blue ... here the link for a white version or transparent ( I am not sure) https://www.ebay.de/itm/1-sticker-head- ... SwPRlXmoA7

here is the link for velociao and the the decal set in blue coulouring
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url ... AdAAAAABAG

alternatively on Bicycle Decals website .... here you find the correct eagle and white lettering (but with a celeste sash) plus the small sticker Worldchampion too
https://bicycledecals.net/images/Bianchi_SET_931.jpg see also BIANCH _SET_930 & 932 for lue sash ... you see you won't find all within one decal set

I decided to take for the carbon nature plus celeste the eagle with the blue sash - the origin coulouring in candy-red has a white sash.

When you also want to put sticker on the forks you need blue lettering too. White will not looking good on celeste (older pic within this thread)
Here see actual 3 pics of the Binachi, now with blue Bianchi stickers on the fork

On the other hand all other pics of the bike, frame set and decal sets are within this thread and if you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me

Good luck for your Bianchi project

Greetings Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_1089_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1089_25pct.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1090_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1090_25pct.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1093_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1093_25pct.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 156
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks Thomas. By coincidence I had already purchased the same head tube decal :) I will look to purchase the others as needed, though I do notice that the font used in the Bianchi lettering is slightly different.

I have a friend who has a Bianchi from the same year (not a Carbon Pro), so I will see if I can find a match the the celeste used on his bike.

Thanks again for your reply.

Back