Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 14

Re: Jack Taylor Super Clubman Barn Find - * small update page 7

Superb, great to see this.

The new JT looks stunning, looking forward to the build

Thanks. It was a lucky find and took a bit of a punt buying off of photos and also the measurements the gentleman gave were different from the corresponding numbers in the build book. I trusted that Ken knew what he was writing slightly more than the gentleman with the tape. Glad I did as it was indeed my size. Looks like it may have been built or partially built as only slight marks in dropouts etc, grease but no real thread marks in bottom bracket, seat tube etc. Only chips look from storage and from recently being moved. It also came with a set of 27 x 1 1/4 wheels, sachs hubs on Van Schothurst rims built by race Wheel in Birmingham. Never seen tape, freewheel or Tub. Great condition.
It's the brightness of the paint, especially that yellow, after all this time.
Anyway it can have it's own page at some time but there is no rush to build as it isn't going anywhere soon.

Jamie

Wow......Jamie that blue and yellow frame will make a great build. I’m becoming a great JT fan after seeing Spokesmann’s in Ulverston and now your two on the thread.
A great find and looking forward to following the build.

Having been away for all of last week with the family, first picking up our new, but old, Old Town HW canoe down south and then spending a fabulous week in Aberfeldy with my sister and brother in law, visiting from Australia, I arrived home to find a surprise package waiting for me.
A gentleman by the name of Clive, (Kingbling) had very kindly sent me a superb condition Jack Taylor catalogue and a printed envelope.
As well as being extremely grateful as well as humbled by his generosity, I was touched that he had thought enough of me to give them to me. Thank you very much Clive.
They will sit alongside the Jack Taylor issue of Bicycle Quarterly that Ken Taylor signed for me at the ride last month.

Jamie

IMG_2034 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2035 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2036 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2037 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

9 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Jamie - I'd be happy to look at as many pictures of this as you can take. Don't worry about posting too many! It's a once in a lifetime find, and a prefect time capsule.

Back