Dave Yates project

Re:

Small update.

I've done nothing to the frame yet, but have been gathering parts for it.

First off, the chainset arrived, along with some posh looking rings, ok, black. And a bit of ano.
I'll be polishing the arms up, as they look like they need it!

IMG_20190824_180124398 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Fancy a bit o' orange for this bike, the tyres come with a lot of info, which naturally will end up not being read before recycling!

IMG_20190824_180148106 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Not sure about the Keo pedals either, anyone know of light alternatives? I also bought a stem that I though would be lighter than the one pictured, sadly not turning out to be the case so will be selling it again. I also have some Ultegra 6500 calipers. A bit boring, something lighter and not Campag would make a change. Any suggetions?
Also got the USE Alien seatpost free from a mate. Had one of these BITD, so will replace the shite allen bolts asap!

IMG_20190824_180519834 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

More to follow, once I decide which wheels to plump for.

Mike

Ciamillio brakes

mvounp.jpg

Re:

I get the feeling this is going to end up looking like one of these... :LOL:

Attachments

• cadbury-chocolate-eclairs-180-p.jpg
    cadbury-chocolate-eclairs-180-p.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 453
Re:

Ooh very nice.

I shall be following this with interest.

My old race mountain bike is a Dave Yates I had made for me after blagging a tour round the workshop at Wallsend and I now have a DY/Joe Waugh frame that I’m doing up (okay it’s on my list of never ending projects) to match it.

I’m going to enjoy this.

Re:

A few more bits have arrived now.I have been holding back with some, hoping to pick up some orange ano for it.
However, an orange Hope headset is a bit strong, at £85! So may have to go for white or silver, in probably FSA unless someone here has a better idea.

Saddle colour not decided yet either, white or orange, I can re-cover something tatty I'll look for if I go down that road.

Bars turned up this week, so put the stem and brake levers on them tonight.

IMG_20190831_195045711 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

The seatpost was looking pretty tatty too, being carbon I wasn't really sure what to do. Tried a bit of sandpaper, wet and dry, T-Cut and polish, which seemed to do the trick.

IMG_20190831_195145359 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Also gave the inside of the frame a good coating of Dinitrol. Except the top tube, which I couldn't get to, being closed both ends. Along with the stays.
After which I T-Cutted and polished it. The paint is in really good condition, with a few nail varnish touch ups, it'll look even tidier ;)

IMG_20190831_195201009 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Before any of you say it, that post is not set at Muz height! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Progress has been slow on this, whilst I've decided what I want to do with it.
Headset will be ordered tonight, couldn't get an orange one at a decent price, so a white one will be going in.
Got some replacement bolts for the seatpost clamp. The stainless ones are 5mm shorter, so got the longer black ones just in case. The original is the middle one.

IMG_20190906_204456852 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Also the Ultegra bottom bracket arrived today, so that will be going in at the weekend. After which I'll give the cranks a good polish up. Think they will come up well.

IMG_20190906_204525275_MP by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Hope you all have a good weekend ;)

Mike

Re:

If you want a saddle for covering, I have a couple with the leather stripped and ready to recover. Yours for postage, that might be about a tenner each though. One is a rolls, the other I'm not sure but it's a similar shape

Re:

Thanks mate, I already have a Rolls and a Turbomatic to cover. I could use those but I wanted something lightweight. I have a white SLR I could use maybe

Mike

Back