Martin Pyne's Mini Bike

These are the new bars tried on for size before the full strip down

309pykj.jpg

Re:

Love it! The Pyne mini bike really appealed to me back then but being the teenage follower of fashion i went down the curved tubes road as did all my mates. Would go mini now for sure. Just love that front brake. Does it do any stopping ?

Once you got the brake blocks cut to size, installed they were deceptively powerful in stopping you....

Re:

Good to hear. I remember my kronos brakes were shockingly bad on my lopro. I had the kronos levers on a road bike cum tt bike and they worked very well with the weinmann calipers so figured it was something about the calipers. Do you kkow if there were different compounds available for the kronos caliper? I cant remember if there were.

Re: Re:

Frankenorange":2nt32qo7 said:
Good to hear. I remember my kronos brakes were shockingly bad on my lopro. I had the kronos levers on a road bike cum tt bike and they worked very well with the weinmann calipers so figured it was something about the calipers. Do you kkow if there were different compounds available for the kronos caliper? I cant remember if there were.
Sinitized rubber version & the black standard rubber which I found had the better stopping power

NOS-MODOLO-KRONOS-BRAKE-PADS-set-of-4.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Re:

Thank you for those pics. I had the standard black blocks for sure. Maybe mine had something wrong with them as they were rock hard and didn't seem to do much! I have been going through your legend thread on the TTF again . What happy days!

Back